Capgemini - Healthcare Payer BPS
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall's profile of Capgemini's Helathcare Payer Business Process Service (BPS) is a comprehensive assessment of service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing mangers monitoring the capabilities of exisitng suppliers to deliver business process services to healthcare payers
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves agianst their peers
- Financial analystss and invesstors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
NelsonHall estimates that his proctice generated approximate $39m in revenue in 2018 from commerical clients. Healthcare payer BPS capabilities lie within Capgemini's Managed Service divison.
NelsonHall estimates that Capgemini’s payer BPS practice has approximately 2,000 personnel in service of its health insurance business. Many of these personnel may serve clients in horizontally-oriented offerings (e.g. FAO, HRO) and many may support insurance carriers that predominantly do business in P&C and L&A businesses but work with Capgemini to offer supplemental healthcare products.
Distinctive elements of Capgemini’s payer BPS practice:
In the U.S. Capgemini's strenghts with commerical BPS clients lie in mailroom an claims processing capabilities for supplemental products, such as Medicare Advantage. Capgemini has a long history supporting cleints in MA.
- In March 2018 Capgemini acquired privately-owned LiquidHub for €400m. This IT services acquisitionn included a small healthcare payer business with some longterm BPS contracts focused on
- Memeber and patient experience
- Reimbursement and revenue enhancement
- Areas in which Capgemini offers particular expertise for healthcare payer include supplemental lines of business. THis expertise includes:
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Supplement
- Medicare Part D
- Long term care
- Critical illness
- Dental and vision
- Claims administration
- Capgemini operates as a third party administrator and as an outsourcing vendor for health insurance carriers in seiveral functions, and support horizonatal offerings for these clients in FAO, HRO and analytics
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective anallysis of Capgemini's offerings , capabilities, and market presence in support of business process transformationn through the application of healthcare payer BPS including the company's:
- Offering and key service components
- Delivery organization
- Customer base, including the company's targeting strategy and examples of current contracts (where available)
- Revenue estimates for healthcare payer BPS
- Strategy, emphasis and new developments in support of helathcare BPS
- Strengths, weaknesses and outlook