CSS Corp - CMS in Telecommunications
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s CMS in telecommunications industry sector profile on CSS Corp is a comprehensive assessment of CSS Corp’s telecommunications sector customer management services (CMS) offerings and capabilities, designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of CMS to serve the telecommunications sector and identifying vendor suitability for CMS RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
In 1999, CSS Corporation (CSS Corp) began as a software development company. Software clients from this period indicated that CSS Corp should provide technical support and customer care as well, based on the assumption that since it was creating the software it would have strong product knowledge.
Over the next several years, CSS Corp evolved into a support organization, with an initial focus on enterprise and consumer support for the high-tech sector.
Later, it began managing data centers and providing remote infrastructure management and support including helpdesk support, monitoring maintenance, and cloud support. From there, it has expanded its focus beyond organizations in the high-tech sector to retailers and telecommunications organizations which market electronic devices. Technical support was CSS Corp’s first solution; this is how it moved from its heritage of high-tech sector support to supporting retail and other sector clients.
CSS Corp is a private company headquartered in Chennai, India. Currently, it provides technical support for enterprise and consumer products, manages IT infrastructure, provides remote infrastructure support including mobility solutions and cloud enablement, and provides carrier network support. It is focused on helping its clients increase revenues, optimize costs, and enhance IT availability and business efficiency. It has ~140 clients, employs ~5.5 employees in 12 delivery locations, and supports 25 languages globally and across all sectors. CSS Corp's delivery is provided from India, the U.S., the Philippines, Poland, Mauritius, Costa Rica, and China.
In August 2016, CSS Corp announced the departure of CEO, Tiger Ramesh, and the appointment of Manish Tandon. This change is a part of the CSS Corp strategy to have its CEO based in the U.S., its largest market. Tandon came to CSS Corp from Infosys where he served as head of its healthcare/life sciences, insurance, and high-tech manufacturing business. CSS Corp’s investment and M&A history is as follows:
- In 2013: Partners Group, a Switzerland based private market investment manager, acquired a majority stake in CSS Corp, for $270m
- In 2010: it acquired Glow Networks, Aliquo solutions, and InteQ to enhance its infrastructure support capabilities.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of CSS Corp’s telecommunications offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis, and new developments
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses, and outlook
- Revenue estimates
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s CMS telecommunications sector customer base, including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s telecommunications sector CMS offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the company’s delivery organization including the geography of delivery locations used for CMS telecommunications sector clients.