Business Process Services in the Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Sector: 2017
Who Is This Report For?
NelsonHall’s “Business Process Services in the Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Sector: 2017” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:
• Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within the commercial P&C insurance sector
• Vendor marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target business process services (BPS) opportunities within the commercial P&C insurance sector
• Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services and BPS sector.
Scope of the Report
The report is based on interviews with executives in the commercial P&C insurance sector in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, and Asia Pacific. The report analyzes the worldwide market for business process services (BPS or BPO) within the commercial P&C insurance sector and addresses the following questions:
• What are the principal business issues faced by organizations in the
commercial P&C insurance sector?
• What operational initiatives are planned by organizations in the
commercial P&C insurance sector?
• What specific operational initiatives are planned in support of cost
reduction and revenue generation?
• Which processes are the targets of process transformation initiatives and what are the planned initiatives by process?
• How important are automation and BPS as approaches to process
• What is the expected level of impact of political factors on the sourcing and shoring of commercial P&C insurers?
• What approaches to automation do commercial P&C insurers expect to
take over the next 12-months?
• What impact will automation & digitalization have on white-collar
staffing both internally and within supplier organizations?
• To what extent is automation & digitalization creating additional
opportunity for BPS vendors?
• To what extent will commercial P&C insurers increase their use of BPS by
Key Issues & Highlights
Commercial P&C companies expect accelerating rates of market change with more than three-quarters of the organizations in the commercial property & casualty sector expecting a high to very high rate of industry change over the next 12-months. This expectation is particularly strong in the mature markets of the U.S. and the U.K. With a smaller legacy baggage, players in the Asian market expect marginally lower rates of change.
The shape, form, and pace of market changes in the insurance sector make operational transformation critical. The twin challenges of staying fit for current operations whilst architecting the organization fit for purpose for the future are substantive.
The sector’s response to these challenges is primarily three-fold:
• Driving end-to-end digitalization to enhance their customer experience
and offer digital insurance products as well as to increase the level of
automation of their back-office operations
• A widespread approach to process transformation
• Combining BPS and automation to achieve operational transformation.
Each of these individually and collectively is creating new opportunities for
BPS suppliers while concurrently cannibalizing their legacy services.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook