Atos - FinTech Services in Banking BPS
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Retail Banking BPS Vendor Assessment for Atos is a comprehensive assessment of Atos’ FinTech offerings and capabilities for the banking industry designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of FinTech services and identifying vendor suitability for banking industry (consumer banking, commercial banking, and capital markets) FinTech services RFPs
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the support services sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
This NelsonHall assessment analyzes Atos’ offerings and capabilities in FinTech services for the banking industry. Atos is one of a number of banking services vendors analyzed in NelsonHall’s comprehensive industry analysis programs.
Atos is an IT services vendor that has grown its size and services by acquisition, including:
- Siemens IT Solutions and Services (2011): the resulting firm was a top ten global IT services provider and the largest European IT service provider. Atos’ IT infrastructure management capabilities more than doubled with the acquisition
- Canopy (2012): Atos entered a joint venture with EMC and VMware to create a cloud hosting and services entity named Canopy. In 2015, Atos acquired full ownership of Canopy and today all of its cloud and hosting services are delivered under the brand Atos Canopy
- Bull (2014): Atos completed the acquisition of Bull, expanding its private managed cloud, cybersecurity, big data, and data center capabilities
- Xerox ITO (2015): Atos completed the acquisition of Xerox ITO, expanding its North American cloud operations with Xerox’s virtual machine and storage business, which operated out of North America data centers.
- Unify (2015): Atos acquired Unify, a vendor of integrated communication solutions. The acquisition allowed Atos to create an integrated proposition for unified communications and real time capabilities enhancing social collaboration, digital transformation, and business performance of its clients
- Komercni banka (2016): Worldline, a subsidiary of Atos, completed the acquisition of Komercni banka, a subsidiary of the Société Générale group and one of the largest banks in the Czech Republic, to develop product and services for Czech merchants
- Equens and Paysquare (2016): Worldline announced the commpletion of the merger of Equens and Paysquare which was undertaken to better serve both the banking and merchant communites. The transaction increased its revenue size by ~65% in financial processing and by ~25% in commerical acquiring
-Enagege ESM (2017): Atos announced the acquisition of ENgage ESM a provider in the enterprise service mangement sector and a ServiceNow Gold Serivces Partner. This acquistion will enable Atos to ofer enterprise and emerging customers an enhaned portfolio of clouud based service mangement solutions. Atos is a ServiceNow Gold Sales Partner
- zDatat (2017): Atos announced the acquistion of zData, a leader in Big Data consulting and solutions for both commerical and enterprisse corporation. The deal brings a team of software engineerss and data scientists to support its customers' digital transformation journey within all sectors.
Atos has grown it integration services by partnering with software vendors. When Atos was formed in 1997 by merger, most of its software partners were large institution. However, clients in the 2000s began to reequest innovative solutions to enable new types of solutions, and it began to partner were large insitutions. However, clients in the 200s began to request innovative solutions to enable new types of functionality. Atos realized that large vendors were unable to deliver these types of solutions, and it began to partner with emerging solutions vendors to enbale emerging functionality.
In 2013, Atos began its FinTech services capabilities by establishing a partnership with Backbase, a vendor of customer experience softeare that deliver portal, mobil, content, targeting, and forms in a single platform. The partnership was a reseller partnership, but it allows Atos to start delivering a large amount of FinTech implementation services to clients, especially banks. The initial implementation was for a Middle Eastern bank, one of the largest Islamic banks in the world.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook