Accenture - Quarterly Update
Who Is This Quarterly Update For?
NelsonHall’s Quarterly Update on Accenture provides a snapshot of developments at the company in the last quarter. It accompanies NelsonHall’s more comprehensive Key Vendor Assessment program.
Both programs are designed for:
- Marketing, sales and business managers developing strategies to target service opportunities within the BPO/IT Services markets
- Sourcing managers and execs monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT and BPO services and identifying vendor suitability for these services
- Consultants advising clients on vendor selection
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts or investors specializing in BPO/IT services sectors.
Q4 FY18 performance: very strong end to a very strong year
- 11% local currency (LC) revenue growth, once again beating guidance
- Accelerating organic topline growth throughout FY18 reflects Accenture’s ability to leverage its many acquisitions to drive future growth. Accenture continues to outstrip market growth
- Broad-based very strong growth (>20%) across all areas of ‘The New’
- Double digit growth across Application Services (49% of revenue), Strategy & Consulting (31%), and Operations (20%). The increasing rate of topline growth in Strategy & Consulting reflects Accenture’s very strong positioning for supporting clients across line of business functions in their next-gen initiatives
- There are strategies in place to address the few relative spots of weakness.
M&A activity: Industry X.O a clear priority
Accenture Ventures: investments in computer vision and cyber
Other Initiatives around cyber continue
Continues to open Innovation Hubs, Liquid Studios, Innovation centers, Nano Labs
Around the world
- Wait and see re some potential macro-economic headwinds in 2019
- Increasing organic growth as ‘The New’ becomes core
- Return to 10 bps y/y margin improvement
This 16-page Quarterly Update on Accenture is available to subscribers of NelsonHall’s Quarterly Update program.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a quarterly update on Accenture, looking at financial performance and key developments during the period.
It accompanies NelsonHall’s Key Vendor Assessment program which looks at Accenture’ IT and BPO offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strengths, including:
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphases and new developments
- Revenue breakdowns
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s client base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.