Accenture - Digital Testing
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s Software Testing Vendor Assessment for Accenture is a comprehensive assessment of Accenture’s digital testing offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for software testing services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the software testing sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
NelsonHall estimates that Accenture had ~35k career testers at the end of CY 2016 in the Accenture Testing Services practice. This means Accenture has one of the largest software testing units globally.
ATS provides testing services verticals aligned along Accenture’s five operating groups: financial services; products; health and public services (H&PS); communication, media and technology (CMT); and resources.
ATS started investing in building its digital capabilities eight years ago, focusing on omni-channel testing. It has since worked on shifting its service portfolio towards digital; this portfolio shift has translated into several initiatives:
- The creation of testing platforms including one specifically aligned around digital, Accenture Omni-Channel Testing Platform. Accenture has also invested in its Accenture Touchless Testing Platform for automated testing of more traditional enterprise applications
- Investment in several testing ISVs or start-ups, including two in the public domain: Applause and SOATSA
- Development of partnerships: with SOATSA, Worksoft (with ~0.5k personnel trained in Worksoft Certify for SAP automation)
- R&D work, including with MIT on the creation of synthetic data, using AI tools. This is based on recent work showing that AI can create synthetic data, in minutes (82% of this data being similar to what humans can create).
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Accenture’s digital testing offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.