2020 North American Marijuana Market: Opportunities & Challenges
Marijuana Quantitative Study among 5,000 North American consumers in February/March 2020 (4,000 US consumers and 1,000 Canadian consumers).
80+ pages/slides of current analysis, commentary, and learnings with consumer knowledge, behaviors, implications, purchase insights across Marijuana CPG categories!
Site License: Includes PDF, PPT with access to charts and site rights for internal network usage across one company BRAND/location.
The Institute’s Groundbreaking Multi-Phase Research on the Impact of the Whole Cannabis Plant on Consumers
The Institute conducted a comprehensive research project surrounding cannabis. It is the first and only study to examine the impact of the whole cannabis plant – including CBD, marijuana, and hemp – and its impact on whole health across general population adults in the US and Canada.
This report represents the Phase 3 Marijuana portion of the project.
Phase 1: 9 online US focus groups with consumers in October 2019 (60+ consumers). Separate Qualitative report available.
Phase 2: Industry & Market Analysis: 5-year review of cannabis-related in-market activity in November 2019. Separate report available.
Phase 3: Quantitative Study among 5,000 North American consumers in February/March 2020
(4,000 US consumers and 1,000 Canadian consumers).
- Phase 3: Table of Contents
- Definitions of Groups
- NMI's Health & Wellness Consumer Segments
- Executive Overview
- Executive Overview of Marijuana
- Everyone is Aware of Marijuana, But Conflicting Perceptions Exist
- Usage Rates Show Upside Market Potential as Legality Grows in the US
- Clear Generational Differences Driven By Millennials
- Forms Used Skew Toward Plant/Bud/Pre-Rolls US Consumers
- Marijuana Overview
- Marijuana Usage
- Recreational vs Medical Marijuana Usage
- US Marijuana Word Association: Top of Mind Word Cloud
- Canada Marijuana Word Association: Top of Mind Word Cloud
- Marijuana: Consumer Level of Feeling Informed
- US Consumer Perspectives on Marijuana Social and Lifestyle Benefits
- Perceived Benefits of Marijuana
- Consumer Concerns About Marijuana
- Attitudes Toward Legalization of and Freedom to Use Marijuana