United States Whey Protein Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)
United States Whey Protein Market market is expected to witness a CAGR of 4.7%, during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- North America is the second largest market for whey protein after Europe, both in terms of exports and imports. Whey protein market in the region is highly matured and still expanding.
- The United States was the major market within the region, and the United States is a highly matured market for whey protein, with over 1000 whey containing products, entering the market every year.
- Further, the matured dairy sector and increasing infant formula production spiked the whey protein market in the United States.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Whey Protein As Weight-Loss Supplement
The United States is a country known to have the highest obesity rates in the world and to counter the issue, people are exploring ways out to stay fit and opt for healthy lifestyles. Proteins are the most preferred form of supplement consumed for the purpose of weight-loss and sports nourishment. Protein supplements are widely available in the form of whey powders in the country, and a significant share of the population are opting for whey protein, to meet their daily protein requirements to meet their fitness goals.
Growing Demand for Performance Nutrition and Beverages
Growing demand from the sports industry has led to significant growth of whey protein-based product market. At the same time, food-processing industries are using whey protein for the manufacturing of health drinks. Exercise is becoming an essential part of the day-to-day life among people, for which the demand for energy drink is growing. This is likely to lead to an increment in the whey protein market. Whey protein can help those who aim to reduce the appetite and add muscle mass in the body, by helping repair the muscle cells after exercise and stimulating the muscle to grow, optimally. Whey protein, with its high-protein quality-score and a high percentage of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids), has long been popular in the exercise and fitness industry, as a muscle-building supplement.
The companies are majorly involved in innovating product portfolio, R&D, strategic initiatives, and commitment toward meeting consumer demands play a major role in maintaining market stability. Some of the major key players are Agropur MSI, LLC, Carbery Group, Davisco foods international Inc., American Dairy Producers Institute, Arla Foods, and FrieslandCampina Ingredients, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.