United States Expandable Polystyrene (EPS) Market - Segmented By Product Type, Application – Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
Breaking News: In 2016, Alpek acquired EPS plant in Concón, Chile with an installed capacity of 20 thousand tons per year.
The United States expandable polystyrene (EPS) market is expected to value USD 514.2 million in 2017 and reach USD 573.5 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 2.21%, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
Expanded polystyrene (EPS) is a versatile, lightweight material that can be used to manufacture a variety of products. EPS offers high-performance, with economical support for a wide variety of items from sensitive electronics to appliances to pharmaceutical. Manufacturers rely on EPS packaging because of its ability to prevent and minimize product damage during transit, along with the excellent insulation properties required for food and medical shipments.
A major market driver identified in this report is the benefit EPS provides over other materials. EPS is 98% air, which makes it an effective insulator. EPS offers the highest insulating capacity per dollar among all the materials, which is used for rigid insulation, thus, lowers the overall costs. In addition, EPS offers the benefit of permeability, which is beneficial in the cases where insulation is required for an existing wall system. However, the stringent regulations imposed by environmental and governmental organizations on EPS are the hindrances to the market growth.
The market has been segmented on the basis of product type and end-user industry. In 2016, based on product type, in terms of volume, white EPS dominated the market with a share of about 70%. In 2016, based on application, in terms of volume, the building & construction segment dominated the market with a share of 70%.
Based on end-users, the market has been segmented into Northeast (New England, and Mid-Atlantic), Midwest (East North Central & West North Central), South (South Atlantic, East South Central, West South Central) and West (Mountain & Pacific).
Opportunities and Major Players
The increasing investments in, both, the residential and non-residential sectors in the US construction industry are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the United States expandable polystyrene (EPS) market.
Major Companies and Vendors in the Market Include:
• Dart Container Corporation
• Flint Hills Resources LLC
• Nexkemia Petrochemicals, Inc.
• Nova Chemicals Corporation
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis, with country-specific assessments and competition analysis
• Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the United States expandable polystyrene (EPS) market
• A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook