United States Activated Carbon Market - Segmented by Product Type, Application, and End-user Industry - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The US activated carbon market is expected to reach 736.7 kilo ton by volume in 2018, and is anticipated to reach 864.11 kilo ton by 2023, at an estimated CAGR of 3.24 % over the forecast period, 2018-2023. The industrial processing segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Stringent Environmental Regulations in Water Treatment Applications will drive the Market
Water treatment operations constantly contend with new regulations, while current regulations become more stringent. Activated carbon has been an effective treatment option for years in compliance viability of wastewater treatment. Stringent regulations regarding water treatment in oil & gas production (primarily during hydraulic fracturing) facilities in the country are significantly fuelling the demand for activated carbon in the oil & gas industry.
Medicine Application to Witness the Fastest Growth
Activated carbon is also used in medical applications. It is generally used as a feed additive in veterinary medicine, and acts as a curative agent in the medical industry. Activated carbon is also used for the recovery of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), painkillers, antibiotics, steroids, vitamins, etc. Moreover, growing R&D activities and increasing investments in the pharmaceutical sector are expected to augment the growth of the activated carbon market.
Demand from Automotive Industry to Expand at a Fast Rate
The usage of activated carbon has increased in the automotive industry as it is used as an effective medium to control evaporative loss emissions, removing organics, odors, vehicle exhaust fumes, etc. With the rapid growth in the automotive production in the country, the demand for activated carbon from the sector is expected to increase massively.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017- Kuraray announced to acquire Calgon Carbon for an equity value of USD 1.1 billion.
- June 2017- Calgon Carbon Corporation signed contracts worth USD 3.5 million, under which the company is expected to provide granular activated carbon (GAC) and associated equipment systems to the city of Newburgh, NY.
Major Players -Kuraray Co. Ltd., Cabot Corporation, Calgon Carbon Corporation, Ingevity, Osaka Gas Chemicals., Donau Chemie AG, Carbon Activated Corp., and Albemarle Corporation among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future of The United States Activated Carbon market in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook