United Kingdom Crop Protection Chemicals Market - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The United Kingdom Crop Protection Chemicals Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% during the forecast period (2020-2025). The rise in the adoption of biopesticides, favorable government policies supporting the development of new innovative crop protection chemicals are some of the factors driving the market growth for United Kingdom crop protection chemicals.
- Crops like oats, wheat, and barley are largely grown in the United Kingdom which accounts for a larger share in the overall crop protection chemicals market. Among the chemical type, fungicides and herbicides hold a prominent share among the various crop protection chemicals.
- Bayer CropScience AG, Bayer SE, FMC Corporation, Adama Ltd and Nufarm are some of the major players who are operating in this market.
Key Market Trends
Rise in Adoption of Biopesticides
The growing demand for food safety and quality, increasing consumer demand for organic products and favorable government policies promoting the use of biocontrol products are some of the factors driving the market growth of biopesticides. United Kingdom is one of the pioneers of biopesticide regulations in Europe and hence implemented a number of measures to support the commercialization of biopesticides products in the country. This includes a regulatory approach to incentivize registration of biopesticide products and providing significant funding for Research and Development of alternative non-chemical methods of crop protection. The country has many public-private partnerships to develop targeted biopesticides which will address the gaps in the market, thereby creating stronger demand for biopesticides products.
Fungicides Holds a Prominent Share
The most extensively used fungicide formulations in the United Kingdom include chlorothalonil, epoxiconazole prothioconazole/tebuconazole and tebuconazole. Wheat crop accounts for the highest application of fungicide, followed by Oats and Rye in 2016 as per the Food and Environment Research Agency (FERA). Septoria tritici is the most damaging foliar disease of UK wheat, causing yield losses which can range from around 30- 50% in high-pressure seasons. In order to mitigate the yield loss, many wheat growers have increased the usage of fungicides in their crops. Many companies like BASF SE are launching products such as Revysol giving growers access to new cereal fungicides that cater to their needs in effective disease control management.
Bayer CropScience AG, Bayer SE, FMC Corporation, Adama Ltd and Nufarm are some of the major players who are operating in this market. These players are focusing on developing new innovative crop protection chemicals by investing heavily in R&D activities to cater to the needs of growers in this region.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Assumptions & Market definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By origin
- 5.1.1 Synthetic
- 5.1.2 Bio-based
- 5.2 By type
- 5.2.1 Herbicide
- 5.2.2 Fungicide
- 5.2.3 Insecticide
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 By application
- 5.3.1 Grains and Cereals
- 5.3.2 Pulses and Oilseeds
- 5.3.3 Fruits and Vegetables
- 5.3.4 Commercial Crops
- 5.3.5 Other Applications
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Bayer CropScience AG
- 6.3.2 FMC Corporation
- 6.3.3 Syngenta CropProtection AG
- 6.3.4 BASF SE
- 6.3.5 Adama LTD
- 6.3.6 Nufarm
- 6.3.7 UPL Limited
- 6.3.8 PelGar International
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS