South East Asia (SEA) Plastics Market - Segmented by Material Type, Class, End-User Industry, and Geography - Trends and Forecasts (2016 - 2021)
The plastics market in South East Asia was valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2017-2022). Regarding plastic products, the South East Asian market was valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX%, during the forecast period (2017-2022).
Factors such as the growing demand from the end-user industries and many more, are driving this market. Government support for the plastic industry is expected to increase the demand in the future. On the other hand, the concern regarding the harmful effects of plastics on the environment and the over dependence on the import of raw materials & finished products could act as restraints for the plastics market in the country.
Plastics are essential products for general, as well as, industrial purposes. In the report, the plastics market is segmented by resin type, technology, application, and end-user industry. These segments are further segmented as follows:
• By Type:
o Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
o Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
o Other plastics
• By Technology:
o Blow Molding
o Injection Molding
• By Application:
o Films & Sheets
o Pipes & Fittings
• By End-user Industry:
o Building & Construction
o Automotive & Transportation
o Electrical & Electronics
o Furniture & Bedding Housewares
In 2016, packaging industry dominated the South East Asia (SEA) plastics market, with a market share of XX%, which is depicted in the form of pie-chart below -
The market has also been geographically segmented into Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Opportunities and Major Players
The major opportunities for the plastics market are in the innovative applications and novel products that can be introduced into the market in future.
The key players are segmented on the basis of plastic resin manufacturers and plastic products manufacturers.
Some of the major plastic resin manufacturers in the region include:
• BASF SE
• Chemrez Technologies
• Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
• JG Summit Petrochemical Corporation
• Solvay Chemicals Vietnam Ltd.
• Toray Industries
Some of the major plastic product manufacturers in the region include:
• Ampac Holdings
• Bavico Ltd.
• Binh Minh Plastics
• Duy Tan Plastics Corporation
• Indorama Ventures Packaging (Myanmar) Limited
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the South East Asia plastics market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on regional scale.
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
• Detailed PESTEL analysis, price analysis, macroeconomic factors and raw material analysis, about government plans and policies.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the South East Asia plastics market on both, South East Asia and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players, along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook