South America Waterborne Adhesives Market - Segmented by Product Type, By Polymer, By Application, By End-User Industry, and Geography - Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
The South America Waterborne Adhesives Market has been estimated at USD 1.83 billion in 2014 and is projected to reach USD XX.XX billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 6.76% during the forecast period. Waterborne adhesives are produced from either soluble synthetic polymers (from polymers such as cellulose ethers, polyvinyl alcohol, methylcellulose, carboxymethylcellulose, and polyvinylpyrrolidone) or natural polymers (from vegetable sources such as starches, dextrins; protein sources such as blood, fish, milk albumen, and soybean; and animal sources such as bones and hides). These adhesives are supplied as either solutions or formulated as dry powders which has to be mixed with water before application. The true strength of waterborne adhesives is attained when the water is either absorbed by substrate or lost during evaporation. As the polymers used in the production of waterborne adhesives are water soluble, they offer limited resistance to water and moisture. However, some adhesives based on plant polymers are resistance to water or insoluble in water at room temperature, thereby, offering better or enhanced resistance to water or moisture.
Waterborne Adhesives, owing to their eco-friendly and low-toxic nature; high solid content, and high initial adhesion properties, is becoming an integral part of various commercial and industrial sectors. In the Waterborne Adhesives market report, we have taken the following major end-user sectors into consideration: Building and Construction, Paper board and Packaging, Wood and Furniture, Automotive, Footwear and Leather, and Others. The Building and Construction segment accounted for more than XX.XX% share of the South America Waterborne Adhesives market in 2015.
This market is driven by a number of factors, such as the increasing consumer awareness regarding VOC emissions, increased infrastructure and economic development, and accelerating demand from packaging industry. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, such as formulation constraints, and dearth of regulations regarding VOC content. These factors may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
The South America Waterborne Adhesives market, on the basis of application can be broadly segmented into paper lamination, book binding, wood assembly, bag manufacturing, lap paste for cans and bottles, tapes, flooring and construction, and others. The market has also been divided according to the inherent polymer type into natural polymers and synthetic polymers. According to product type, the market has been segmented into acrylics, latex, Polyurethane (PU), Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA), and Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA). Polyurethane adhesives are expected to witness the fastest growth in the waterborne adhesives market, owing to their increasing use for furnishing and wood-work in the rapidly growing South America construction industry.
The market has also been geographically segmented into Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Rest of the South America. In terms of consumption in 2014, Brazil led the market with a share of XX.XX%. It was followed by Argentina. With the improvement in the financial status of the consumers, the purchasing power of the middle class consumers has increased, which in turn is accelerating the demand for automobiles and buildings in the Brazil and Chile, in turn making these countries an area of immense potential and opportunities. However, the dearth of stringent norms regarding VOC emission from paints, coatings, and adhesives in these developing countries has considerably hindered the growth of this market.
Furthermore, the replacement of solvent-borne adhesives in the construction industry in will offer numerous opportunities in the growth of the South America Waterborne Adhesives Market. Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are 3M, Arkema Group (Bostik SA), Ashland Inc., Dow Chemical Co., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Huntsman Corp., Sika AG, Royal Adhesives and Sealants, and Master Bond.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the South America Waterborne Adhesives Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global Waterborne Adhesives market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped