South America Phytosterols Market - Growth, Trends And Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The South America phytosterols market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The market is driven by the increasing consumer demand for functional food and dietary supplements, which holds the potential for plant phytosterols. Also, phytosterols are commonly used in cosmetics, due to their positive effect on maintaining the skin’s health and youth. Creams and cosmetic products containing these compounds smoothen the skin and moisturize it, prevent the formation of wrinkles, and help in collagen synthesis. Thus, the launch of different products in the cosmetics industry is expected to have a positive impact on the demand for the market studied.
- The major types of phytosterols are beta-sitosterol, campesterol, stigmasterol, among others, where, the beta-sitosterol segment holds a major share in the market studied.
- Geographically, North America and Europe account for more than 60% of the global demand, and Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing region. The per capita consumption of phytosterols are considerably higher for the United States, which is facilitated by the booming dietary suplements and pharmaceutical industries.
Key Market Trends
Potential of Plant Sterols in Nutraceuticals
Plant sterols have potential health benefits, which has led them to be increasingly used in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries. The increased demand for nutraceuticals among the consumers, is thus, driving the global phytosterol market. Phytosterols possess innumerable beneficial therapeutic properties. Hence, the concept of utilizing phytosterols as nutraceuticals is gradually emerging and gaining considerable interest. There is increasing evidence for phytosterol’s role in preventing major chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, cancers, and type-II diabetes. In addition, phytosterols act as powerful antioxidants by providing remarkable protection against oxidative and free-radical damage. They also have long been recognized to possess anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-thrombotic, anti-atherogenicity, anti-viral, and anti-carcinogenic activities, which further increases its demand in nutraceuticals.
Application of Phytosterol in Animal Feed
Antioxidants are very important to immune defense and the health of animals. In order to improve the oxidative stability, and thus, increase the shelf life of meat, antioxidants are being added to animal feeds. Vitamin E cannot be synthesized by animals, therefore being the reason for increased usage of phytosterol in the animal diet. An adequate amount of phytosterol is essential in animal nutrition, in order to protect them from malnutrition and pathogen. Moreover, phytosterols are widely used in animal husbandry to reduce blood cholesterol levels and enhance animal growth. The addition of phytosterols improves the anti-oxidant system in broiler chickens. The dietary phytosterol also helps to improve the body weight and feed intake of broiler chickens. It helps to improve the quality of meat and eggs. In addition, it controls the oxidative stability in the animal's body, and therefore, reduces the unpleasant smell and taste, especially in beef and pork.
The South America phytosterols market is competitive in nature having large number of domestic and multinational player competing for market share. Emphasis is given on the merger, expansion, acquisition and partnership of the companies along with new product development as strategic approaches adopted by the leading companies to boost their brand presence among consumers. Key players dominating the South American countries include Matrix Fine Sciences Pvt Ltd, Advanced Organic Materials SA, Cargill Incorporated, BASF SE, and Ashland Global Holdings Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.