South America Food Sweetener Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The South American food sweetener market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% to reach USD 12 billion by 2023, from an estimated market value of nearly USD 10 billion in 2017.
South America Food Sweetener Market Dynamics
South America is an important market for food sweetener products, owing to the presence of some of the largest sugar producing and consuming nations.Brazil, the largest producer and exporter of sugar in the world, occupies the leading and significant share of the market. At 40%, Brazil holds the major share in the region. Other South American countries are the fastest growing markets, progressing at a projected CAGR of 4.28%.
South America Food Sweetener Market Segmentation
The sweetener market is segmented into bulk sweeteners and sugar substitutes. The growth in the sugar substitutes market is due to increased awareness and usage of dietary foods. Another major driver is the growing population of overweight, obese, and diabetic patients, which is resulting in growth in this category. Although presently sugar substitutes do not constitute a major share of the market, this is the fastest growing segment due to the rising health concerns among people. Aspartame and sucralose are the most famous sweeteners in the HIS (High Intensity Sweeteners) segment. Stevia is also seeing a major demand in the natural sweeteners category.
The presence of several other emerging countries with a considerable urban population has helped the market. High obesity and diabetes rates in the region are also pushing the awareness and growth of the sugar substitute products in South America.Stevia is expected to perform well in the region.
- November 2017: Coca-Cola will launch stevia-sweetened soda in a small market outside of the United States in the first half of 2018.
- January 2017: Partners Evolva and Cargill Inc. are planning to launch EverSweet fermented stevia in 2018 as a strategy to maintain their first mover advantage in the next generation stevia market.
- October 2016: Cargill Inc. launched non-GMO sweeteners and sunflower oil.
Major players - ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND (ADM), AUSTRALIAN STEVIA MILLS, ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS, A&Z FOOD ADDITIVES CO. LTD., CARGILL INC., CORBION PURAC, CELANESE CORPORATION, CORN PRODUCTS INTERNATIONAL, DANISCO, DSM, FRAKEN BIOCHEM, JK SUCRALOSE INC., STEVIA FIRST CORPORATION, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet ((in Excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Research Methodology
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Report Description
- 2. Key Findings
- 3. Market Overview & Dynamics
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Drivers
- 3.2.1 Expanding Processed Foods Market
- 3.2.2 Demand for Natural Sweetener
- 3.3 Restraints
- 3.3.1 Consumer Demand for Natural Additives
- 3.3.2 Demand for Clean Label Solutions
- 3.4 Opportunities
- 3.4.1 Growing Demand for Natural Sweeteners
- 3.4.2 Innovations to Meet the Wellness Demand
- 3.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 3.5.3 Degree of Competition
- 3.5.4 Threat of Substitution
- 3.5.5 Threat of New Entrants
- 4. Market Segmentation
- 4.1 By Type
- 4.1.1 Bulk Sweeteners
- 184.108.40.206 Sucrose
- 220.127.116.11 Fructose
- 18.104.22.168 Lactose
- 22.214.171.124 High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
- 126.96.36.199 Others
- 4.1.2 Sugar Substitutes
- 188.8.131.52 Sucralose
- 184.108.40.206 Xylitol
- 220.127.116.11 Stevia
- 18.104.22.168 Aspartame
- 22.214.171.124 Saccharine
- 126.96.36.199 Others
- 4.2 By Application
- 4.2.1 Dairy & Frozen Products
- 4.2.2 Bakery
- 4.2.3 Beverages
- 4.2.4 Confectionery
- 4.2.5 Meat & Seafood
- 4.2.6 Others
- 4.3 By Geography
- 4.3.1 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 Argentina
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
- 5. Competitive Landscape Overview
- 5.1 Market Share Analysis
- 5.2 Strategies by Leading Players
- 5.3 New Product Developments and Other Innovations
- 6. Company Profiles
- 6.1 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- 6.2 Australian Stevia Mills
- 6.3 Associated British Foods
- 6.4 A&Z Food Additives Co. Ltd
- 6.5 Cargill Inc.
- 6.6 Corbion Purac
- 6.7 Celanese Corporation
- 6.8 Corn Products International
- 6.9 Danisco
- 6.10 DSM
- 6.11 Fraken Biochem
- 6.12 JK Sucralose Inc.
- 6.13 Stevia First Corporation
- 7. Appendix
- 7.1 Disclaimer