Seed Sector Analysis – Cambodia Industry, Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
The Cambodia seed market is witnessing growth owing to the infrastructure development, like construction of expressway on key routes for the transport of goods. The growth is fuelled by changes in government policy, to formalize the commercial rice seed sector of Cambodia, by the dissipation of innovative technologies for producing high yielding varieties of the rice seeds.
Cambodian seed market is quite informal with just one formal R&D body, the Cambodia Agriculture Research & Development Institute (CARDI). This body develops plant breeding rights for some rice varieties. Apart from CARDI, MAFF, and Seed Growers Association of Cambodia are also responsible for formal rice seed production and distribution.
Some of the Important Seed Companies in Cambodia are:
• Cambodia Agricultural Research & Development Institute
• Aqip Seed Company
The major factors limiting the growth of the Cambodia seed industry include low crop diversification and capital deficit for seed production. The market is driven by factors, such as, favorable government policies like the Cambodia Industrial development policy, which aims to increase the net export of agriculture inputs and final product. The development of basic infrastructure like irrigation facility, road construction on key routes that connects the rural parts of the country, will help the development of overall agriculture sector including the Cambodia seed industry.
Major Companies in the Sector Include:
• Cambodia Agricultural Research & Development Institute (Cardi)
• Aqip Seed Company
• Tuol Samrong Seed Farm
• Kbal Koh Vegetable Research Station
• Chamkar Leu Seed Farm
Recent Industry Insights
• Soma Group, one of the leading companies in Cambodia, is presently not involved in the seed sector, however, has plans to enter the untapped market in future. This will help in increasing the supply of quality and consistent seed for Cambodia rice industry.
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the Cambodia seed industry, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis
• Market overview and identification, and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Cambodia seed market, and instrumental in changing the market scenario on, both, global and regional scale
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies and their market share, along with an analysis of their current strategic interests and financial information and strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market