Russia Whey Protein Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The Russian whey protein market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period (2002-2025).
- Russia is a steadily growing market for whey protein in Europe. Increasing fitness and health consciousness among consumers are creating a demand for high-quality protein supplements in the food sector.
- High demand for personal care products (in which whey protein is used extensively) in the region is also driving the market for whey protein.
- The Russian whey protein market is expected to witness greater growth in the fortified food segment, given the maturation stage in the protein-based supplements industry.
Key Market Trends
Growing Fitness Trend in the Country
The fitness industry in Russia is in the formative stage and lags behind the other European countries. However, the pace of its development increased in the past few years. According to the estimation of the international sports organization IHRSA, in mid-2017, there were more than 3,000 fitness clubs in Russia, with more than 1,7 million clients and the number of those who were engaged in fitness was about 2%. Growing popularity of fitness as a global trend and state policy in the field of sports contribute to an increase in the number of people who are engaged in sports, thus, leading to the growth of the market in the country.
Whey Protein Concentrate Held a Major Market Share
Whey protein concentrate is widely considered to be the most efficient and economical form of protein for the human body. With the market for functional beverages containing whey protein attaining the maturity stage in the country, the market for whey protein is expected to expand at a high rate over the coming decade in Russia. The markets for whey protein isolates (used in sports and clinical nutrition) are expected to expand, in terms of target population. Manufacturers in this segment are targeting fitness and health conscious groups with high-quality whey protein offerings. The market for whey protein concentrate is cheap and growing, as it is consumed as a general supplement for the body. Therefore, this form of protein is particularly popular among health-conscious consumers.
The Russian whey protein market is a fragmented market, with the presence of various players in the market. The companies are involved in strategic joint ventures to rapidly tap the actively growing nutrition industry, which is expected to evolve during the forecast period. Owing to the rising penetration of whey protein into the sports nutrition industry, the major companies are focusing on new and innovative product launches.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 3.1 Market Overview
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate
- 5.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate
- 5.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Sports and Performance Nutrition
- 5.2.2 Infant Formula
- 5.2.3 Functional/Fortified Food
- 5.2.4 Functional Beverages
- 5.2.5 Other Applications
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Most Active Companies
- 6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
- 6.3 Market Share Analysis
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Glanbia PLC
- 6.4.2 Arla Foods
- 6.4.3 Lactalis Group
- 6.4.4 FrieslandCampina
- 6.4.5 Olam International
- 6.4.6 Meggle Group
- 6.4.7 Fonterra
- 6.4.8 Raben Group (Spomlek)
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS