Polyimide Films Market - Segmented by Application (Flexible Printed Circuit, Specialty Fabricated Product, Pressure Sensitive Tape, Wire and Cable, Motor and Generator), End-user Industry, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The global polyimide films market is expected grow at a significant rate during the forecast period of 2018—2023, driven by the growing demand from the electronics industry. Polyimide films are used widely in electronics, aerospace, and aircraft industry, as they are capable of withstanding high temperatures. They are also used to make flexible printed circuit boards and pressure sensitive tapes. Polyimide films enable implementation of compact and complex assemblies while minimizing size and weight.
Demand from Electronics Industry Driving the Polyimide Films Market
Polyimide films are used widely in the electronics sector for applications including electrical wires, recording devices, and cables. The electronics sector is currently the largest segment of end-user industry. An increase in the demand, for polyimide films, from the electronics sector was witnessed due to their requirement in mobiles, computers, tablets, and other electronic devices. The growing demand for smartphones and laptops and technological advancements are expected to boost the market for polyimide films significantly during the forecast period.
Flexible Printed Circuit to Dominate the Polyimide Films Market
Polyimide films in the flexible printed circuits provide additional thickness, which is beneficial for the electronics and automotive industries. Flexible printed circuits are expected to have the highest demand for polyimide films during the forecast period. This is due to their large application base, mainly in mobile devices, computers, and next-generation flexible displays. Polyimide films are also used as base material for flexible printed wiring assembly since they offer better mechanical and thermal stability. This has made them useful in the aerospace sector, to provide thermal resistance in high heat application regions. They are also a vital component in the production of circuit boards. The increasing automotive production in countries, including China, India, Italy, and the United Kingdom, is further expected to boost the market for polyimide films, due to their requirement in electric wiring in vehicles.
Asia-Pacific Dominating the Polyimide Films Market
Asia-Pacific is expected to display the fastest growth in the polyimide films market over the forecast period. The expanding automotive and electrical industries in China and India, combined with infrastructural development is expected to drive the market in the region. Moreover, economic growth and increasing per capita income are some of the major factors that are triggering the growth of the polyimide films market in Asia-Pacific.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2016- FLEXcon Company Inc. launched a polyimide film under the brand name Thermlfilm HT 9000, which can be used to manufacture printed circulated boards.
Major Players -Kaneka Corporation, Saint Gobain, Kolon Industries, Inc., UBE Industries Ltd., Taimide Tech Inc.
Reason to Purchase the Report
- To understand the impact of various product type on the market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- To understand the dominating product type and end-user industry in the market.
- To identify the countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Customize Polyimide Films Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook