Pakistan Water Treatment Chemicals Market - Segmented by Product Type, and End User Industry – Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
The Pakistani water treatment chemicals market is expected to value USD XX million in 2017 and reach USD XX million by 2022, registering an estimated CAGR of X.XX%, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period). The demand for water treatment chemicals is driven by the growing demand for improved treatment methods and chemicals for water consumption, in domestic, power and industrial applications.
These chemicals form an integral part of the wastewater treatment industry, as they prevent corrosion, bacterial deposition, fouling, scaling, and stress cracking. These chemicals are extensively used to filter water, handle fluids, concentrate solutions, recover byproducts, and treat wastewater for recycling or discharge. Usage of such chemicals can also be combined with other treatment methods, such as spiral membrane equipment, filters, hollow-fiber membranes, electro-dialysis/electro–dialysis reversal systems, and electro-deionization equipment, in numerous configurations to enhance the efficiency. Owing to the depleting ground and surface water resources, prevailing droughts and increasing demand for fresh water for industrial uses, utilization of other non-conventional water resources i.e. wastewater has become prominent.
The Pakistani water treatment chemicals market is driven by the necessity for water purification, through an inexpensive and rapid methodology. There is a growing application scope in many manufacturing processes, mineral and mining processes, and oil & gas extraction. A variety of water treatment chemicals are manufactured for different stages of wastewater treatment process, on the basis of which they are classified into flocculants, coagulants, biocides, defoamers, odor control agents, and pH adjusters, amongst others. The shifting focus towards the usage of green chemicals and the growing demand for specific formulations are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the market growth in Pakistan. However, this market faces obstacles, such as high capital investments, the dearth of awareness, and technical advancements about water treatment chemicals. These factors may act as a roadblock to the growth of this market.
NOTABLE DEVELOPMENTS IN THE MARKET
• In Apr 2017, Pakistani government announced the feasibility of setting up wastewater effluent treatment plants in Gwadar City as a part of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.
• In Jan 2017, industrialists of the economic hub in Pakistan called for setting up five combined effluent treatment plants, one each at the five industrial zones of Karachi – estimated to cost around PKR 13 billion to be shared by the Sindh and federal governments, equally.
Why purchase our Pakistan Water treatment chemicals Market Report?
• Will the growing consumer awareness for purified water, increase the growth of the water treatment chemicals market?
• Know about: The latest regulations and policies of water treatment chemicals
• How will the lack of technical advancements affect the water treatment chemicals market?
• Analyzing various market perspectives, with the help of porter’s five forces analysis
• What would be the impact of CPEC initiatives on setting up water treatment chemicals plants?
• Which of the end user industries will witness fastest growth during the forecast period?
• Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players, such as:
o CWG Water Technology
o Orient Energy Systems
o RCB Chemicals and Services
o R.O.TACK Water Technology
o Ziko Chemicals Industries