North America Nuclear Imaging Market - Growth, Trends And Forecast (2015 - 2020)
The nuclear imaging market is estimated to grow to $15.5 million by 2020 at a CAGR of 12.08%. Nuclear medicine is the use of radioisotopes for the diagnosis of diseases. The two major types of Nuclear imaging used commonly are PET and SPECT. Till recently, SPECT imaging was the mainstream modality for nuclear medicine applications like nuclear cardiology procedures. However, the trend is soon going to change because of global shortage of molybdenum-99 isotope which is in turn will lead to shortage of Technetium-99, which is the daughter product of molybdenum. Hence, PET imaging products which include hybrid PET-CT scanners hold a potential market size in coming years. The cost associated with PET-CT service can be as high as $275,000 per year. PET market is expected to witness more growth compared to SPECT imaging as it provides higher resolution images and the lack of availability of technetium-99m is propelling industry to look for alternative diagnostic procedures.
Analyzing the application segment of SPECT and PET, PET is majorly being used in oncology because of good quality of imaging while SPECT is majorly used in cardiology segment accounting for almost 90% of the market share in cardiology. North America accounts for the highest share of the global nuclear medicine diagnostic market. The rise in disease incidence and the fast advancement of technology in countries such as USA and Canada are the market drivers.
Market is segmented into two major segments SPECT (Technetium-99m (TC-99m), Thallium-201 (TL-201), Iodine (I-123) and others) and PET (Fluorine-18, Rubidium-82 (RB-82) and others). The Market is segmented based on application market into SPECT (cardiology, lymphoma, thyroid, neurology and others) and PET (oncology, cardiology, neurology and others),by geography market (USA, Canada and Mexico).Major players in the market are Cardiarc Ltd., Digirad Corporation, Gamme Medica Inc., GE healthcare, Hologic Inc. etc.
Drivers: Major factors for the growth of the market are increasing use of SPECT and PET analysis in radiopharmaceuticals, increased awareness of people for radiopharmaceuticals, and ready availability of radiopharmaceuticals. Novel applications such as Alzheimerï¿½?s and continually expanding oncology application segment also drive the market.
Constraints: The short half- life of radioisotopes, high capital investment, regulatory guidelines and reimbursement issues are the constraints in this market.
What the report offers?
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the North American Nuclear Market in Healthcare Industry, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5)Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the North American Nuclear imaging Market in Healthcare Industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
PDF E-mail From Publisher
Multi User License (2-5 Users) Fulfilled by Publisher