Nonwoven Fabric Market - Segmented by Technology, Material, End-user Industry, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The global nonwoven fabric market is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period, majorly driven by the growing demand for nonwoven fabric from the automotive and construction industries of emerging economies in Asia-Pacific.
Increasing Demand from Construction and Automotive Industries
Nonwoven fabrics are required in the construction sector for applications in house wraps, roofing materials, and geotextiles. With the increase in spending on construction activities in developing regions, such as Asia-Pacific, the demand for nonwoven fabrics has witnessed an increase. This is majorly due to the rapid economic growth in China and India. Furthermore, the growing population in these countries is expected to boost the construction sector, which, in turn, is expected to drive the demand for nonwoven fabrics during the forecast period.
Healthcare Sector Dominates the Market
Nonwoven fabrics are largely required for applications in disposable products, such as baby diapers, adult incontinence, and feminine hygiene products. They are also required in medical & surgical products, filtration products, and wipes. With such large application base of nonwoven fabric in the healthcare sector, the market for nonwoven fabric is expected to grow at a great pace, especially owing to the rising hygiene and health concerns. Additionally, rising disposable incomes and willingness to spend on such products further augment the nonwoven fabric market. Hence, owing to these factors, the healthcare sector is expected to dominate the market for nonwoven fabrics during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific is the Largest Consumer
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest consumer, globally, owing to the commissioning of additional capacities, as well as increase in the production of nonwoven fabric in the region. In terms of consumption and production of nonwoven fabric, in 2017, China held the largest share, globally. It accounted for nearly 27% share of the global consumption of nonwoven fabric. Additionally, rapid increase in investments and advancements in the Indian healthcare sector shall further augment the growth of the nonwoven fabric market in the region during the forecast period. The Indian healthcare industry witnessed a slew of investments by global health players, which include the Parkway Group and a host of Middle Eastern players. This has further strengthened India as an attractive healthcare investment destination.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2017- DuPont Protection Solutions announced the 50th anniversary of DuPont Tyvek, a unique nonwoven material that has enabled new dimensions of protection, security, and safety in a wide variety of industries and applications.
Major Players -DuPont, Fitesa, Global nonwovens, Kimberly- Clarke professionals, and Toray, among others.
Reason to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To understand the dominating technology and material in the market
- Countries expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.