Middle-East & Africa Polyurethanes Market
The Middle East & Africa Polyurethanes (PU) market demand is estimated at XX.XX million tons in 2017 and is likely to reach at XX.XX million tons in 2022 at a CAGR of XX.XX, during the forecast period 2017-2022.
Polyurethane foam is used as polymeric foams in the wide variety of applications, finding applications in almost all modern industries. These are made primarily by reacting diisocyanates (MDI or TDI) with polyols and other chemicals as additives. Polyurethane occurs in mainly two forms, which are polyurethane foams and polyurethane non-foams. These are classified based on their commercially available foams, such as flexible polyurethane foams and rigid polyurethane foams. Flexible foams are used mainly as a cushioning material in transportation; bedding & furniture, packaging, etc., whereas, rigid foams are used primarily as an insulation material in construction and refrigeration applications. The market is segmented based on applications are foams (rigid & flexible), Coatings, adhesives & sealants, elastomers, and others.
The Middle East & Africa market has grown during the past few years, driven by cost effectiveness and the adaptability of polyurethane foams in major end-user industry applications. The market is expected to register a healthy growth because of the growth in key end-user industries. The market is segmented based on end-user industries are furniture and interiors, construction, electronics and appliances, automotive, footwear, packaging, and others (textiles & apparel, fibers, medical, marine, etc.).
The Middle East & Africa market is driven by the diverse range of applications for polyurethane foams in multiple industries. An increasing R&D effort has made it highly resourceful and generated huge demand especially in the furniture sector, which finds its usefulness in a myriad of applications, such as bedding, mattresses, carpet underlays, and cushioning. Environmental regulations from different industry sectors, such as plastic, automotive, building & construction, furniture & bedding, electronics, packaging, and other sectors facilitates the growth of the market. The growing demand from the automotive and electronic appliances markets is notable in key countries at Middle East & Africa levels. The market is also segmented based on geography as Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Egypt, and Rest of Middle-East & Africa.
Moreover, the volatility in prices of raw materials is also a restraint, while the future market will see the demand for bio-based polyurethane as well as there is increasing development of innovative products by the companies towards sustainability and environmental developments.
The major global and local players for the polyurethanes market in Middle-East and Africa are
• Huntsman Corporation
• BASF SE
• Kuwait Polyurethane Industries W.L.L
• Poly Products L.L.C
• The Dow Chemical Company
• Perfect Rubber Industries LLC
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the Middle-East & Africa Polyurethanes Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on country scales
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios and prospective opportunities
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Middle-East & Africa polyurethanes market on both global and country scales
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
• Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.