Middle East & Africa Paper and Paperboard Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The market for the Middle East & Africa Paper and Paperboard is expected to register a CAGR of xx% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The paper and forest-products industry is experiencing growth but at a slower pace as compared to before as other products are filling the gaps left by the graphic paper market, with packaging industry gaining momentum its leveraging eco-friendly material along with tissue papers, pulp for hygiene products
- Although the market within the MEA region is relatively small, the vendors in the region leverage each other by the means of imports and exports and are constantly looking for new applications and use for wood and its components. For instance, According to the United Nation Comtrade database, UAE accounted USD 12.26 million during 2018 for the import of paper and paper board from Kuwait.
- As with the food and beverage industry, with the growth of health-conscious consumers opting to grocery delivery services, meal kits, there's has been a significant gain in the trend of take out choices by food suppliers which evidently has impacted the food delivery vendors and environmental safety to consider paper-based packaging options.
- For instance, fast food chains with restaurants across the globe such as McDonald are capitalizing on the popularity of eco-friendly food packaging options thereby levering the growth of the market.
- Also, with increase of e-commerce, technological advancements will foster the growth of transport and industrial packaging
- Owing to promising future aspects of the market, Both domestic and foreign investors within the paper-based industries are looking to strengthen their business in the region and uplight the product capacity
- Additionally, With the recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic and declaration of nation-wide lockdown in major countries in Middle East & Africa from March 2020, has led people to stockpile emergency supplies causing a surge demand for products such as disposable surgical masks, tissue, sanitary wipes, toiler paper, and other paper-based hygiene products.
Key Market Trends
Container-Board to Witness the Fastest Market Growth
- Consumer goods manufacturers in the region are opting to eco-friendly packaging materials as they support sustainability, The corrugated boxes manufactured with containerboard maintain their sustainable form of packaging and serve as an environmentally friendly option.
- Since the corrugated boxes are made of recyclable material, they help manufacturers to reduce the environmental cost and also comply with several industrial standards and government regulations including Federal Environment Agency ( FEA), Environment Agency-Abu Dhabi (EAD) among others.
- Furthermore, countries with the region including the United Arab Emirates are experiencing key development in sustainability with consumers and companies becoming complaints to zero waste boost the growth of the market.
- Also, the increasing incomes of consumers have them to opt for premium products and thereby has raised the demand for premium packaging for consumer products such as cosmetics, skincare added with the presence of major supermarkets such as LULU Group remains the main channel for the distribution of premium products across the country.
Processed Food to Witness the Fastest Market Growth
- The advancements in quality and accessibility of digital printing on paperboard has enabled processed food manufacturers of all sizes to leverage the paperboard packaging as printing large quantities of paperboard packaging without a constant change of graphic/coat is cost-effective
- As with the land and ocean litter associated with foodservice packaging of alternative sources leverages the adoption of recyclable single-serve paperboard packaging as it holds the potential to consume less resources than non-recycle packaging materials such as plastic
- For instance, In June 2019, The Board of Directors of the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) standardized new regulation that states that products and packaging made with polyethylene must be made up of approved oxo-biodegradable material and the supplier has to be approved by the Saudi government.
- However, the inherent property of paperboard to nurture the odors and flavor acts as a restraint to the market. also the presence of many substitute biodegradable packaging material halt the growth of the market
The Middle East & Africa Paper and Paperboard market is moderately fragmented and consists of several major players owing to similar portfolio offerings, accounting as the threat of substitutes. Vendors with a focus towards sustainability are enhancing the product line leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives, acquisitions as a competitive advantage to further expand their customer base and gain market share.
- December 2019 - United Carton Industries Company, based in Saudi Arabia announced its achievement for its corrugated packaging operations with the installation of Nozomi C1800 a single-pass six-color LED inkjet printer developed by Electronics for Imaging Inc. The print offers three modes in order to optimize the ink consumption and print quality, it allows photo mode matching with 90% PANTONE Colors in six variations with no limit on ink consumption. This allows the company to enter new markets as it strategically uses it as a competitive advantage.
- October 2019 - Hotpack Packaging Industries LLC, based in UAE announced that it has been awarded ISO 22000 ( Food Safety) and HACCP ( Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) by The United Registrar of Systems (URS) ME. The company leverages these certifications to showcase its commitment to producing safe and quality products.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Sustainability
- 4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.7 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION ( PAPER)
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Printing and Writing
- 5.1.2 Newsprint
- 5.1.3 Tissue
- 5.1.4 Cartonboard
- 5.1.5 Containerboard
- 5.1.6 Other types
- 5.2 Country
- 5.2.1 United Arab Emirates
- 5.2.2 Saudi Arabia
- 5.2.3 Iran
- 5.2.4 Israel
- 5.2.5 Jordan
- 5.2.6 Egypt
- 5.2.7 Iraq
- 5.2.8 Turkey
- 5.2.9 Lebanon
- 5.2.10 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- 6 MARKET SEGMENTATION ( CORRUGATED PACKAGING)
- 6.1 End-user Industry
- 6.1.1 Processed Foods
- 6.1.2 Fresh Food and Produce
- 6.1.3 Beverages
- 6.1.4 Paper Products
- 6.1.5 Electrical Products
- 6.1.6 Other End-user Industry
- 6.2 Country
- 6.2.1 United Arab Emirates
- 6.2.2 Saudi Arabia
- 6.2.3 Turkey
- 6.2.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Vendor Market Share
- 7.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
- 7.3 Company Profiles
- 7.3.1 IFFCO
- 7.3.2 Arabian Packaging Co LLC
- 7.3.3 United Carton Industries Company (UCIC)
- 7.3.4 Tarboosh Packaging Co. LLC
- 7.3.5 Hotpack Packaging Industries LLC
- 7.3.6 International Paper
- 7.3.7 Al Rumanah Packaging
- 7.3.8 Green Packaging Boxes IND.LLC.
- 7.3.9 Matco Packaging LLC.
- 7.3.10 Global Carton Boxes Manufacturing L.L.C
- 8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS