Middle East & Africa Hospital Supplies Market - Segmented by Type and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The Middle East & Africa hospital supplies market is expected to witness a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period (2018-2023).
Growing Geriatric Population
The increasing geriatric population in the Middle East has served as the major driver for this market. The geriatric population affected by chronic diseases, such as cancer, cardiovascular illnesses, and many others, help to propel the market. These chronic diseases usually have lengthy treatment procedures and very long healing time. Therefore, they require multiple clinical visits during this period. These repetitive visits lead to more number of patients per day and usage of more number of surgical instruments, thereby, increasing the demand for hospital supplies market.
The other factors which are driving the market are the increased spending on healthcare, increasing occurrences of communal diseases, and growing awareness about hospital-acquired infections (HAIs).
Increasing Dependency on Imports
The Middle East & Africa region are highly dependent on the import of the hospital supplies for the majority of the products. Saudi Arabia is estimated to have a total imported value of hospital supplies of approximately USD 120 million in 2011, which was increased to close to USD 300 million in 2015. Many of the products which are imported have a high cost which acts as a barrier to the market growth in that region.
There are other factors which are hindering the growth of the market include the emergence of home care services and stringent regulatory bodies.
Growing Healthcare Sector in the GCC Countries
The growth of the Middle East and Africa hospital supplies market is primarily driven by the rising number of hospitals, aging population, and increasing occurrences of the communal diseases. The GCC countries have an overall very strong demand for the medical devices and due to this increasing demand, the healthcare sector is on the rise. Due to the rising healthcare sector the hospital supplies market in GCC countries is also growing.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Baxter launched the Arisure closed system transfer device to prevent the hazardous drug exposure and maintain medication sterility.
Major Players: ADVANCED STERILIZATION PRODUCTS SERVICES INC., BECTON DICKINSON AND COMPANY, CARDINAL HEALTH, INC., KIMBERLY-CLARK CORPORATION, 3M HEALTH CARE, AND B. BRAUN MELSUNGEN AG, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future outlook of the Middle East & Africa hospital supplies market in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet ((in Excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Market Definition
- 2. Research Methodology
- 3. Executive Summary
- 4. Key Inferences
- 5. Market Overview
- 5.1 Current Market Scenario
- 5.2 Porter'S Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
- 5.2.2 Bargaining Power Of Consumers
- 5.2.3 Threats Of New Entrants
- 5.2.4 Threat Of Substitute Product And Services
- 5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
- 6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Challenges Analysis (DROC)
- 6.1 Market Drivers
- 6.1.1 Increasing Spending On Healthcare
- 6.1.2 Increasing Occurrences Of Communal Diseases
- 6.1.3 Growing Awareness About Hais (Hospital Acquired Infections)
- 6.2 Market Restraints
- 6.2.1 Emergence Of Home Care Services
- 6.3 Stringent Regulatory Bodies
- 6.4 Opportunities
- 6.5 Key Challenges
- 7. Market Segmentation
- 7.1 By Product Type
- 7.1.1 Patient Examination Device
- 7.1.2 Operating Room Equipments
- 7.1.3 Mobility Aids & Transportation Equipment
- 7.1.4 Disposable Hospital Supplies
- 7.1.5 Sterilization & Disinfectant Equipment
- 7.1.6 Syringes And Needles
- 7.2 By Geography
- 7.2.1 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 GCC
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest Of The Middle East & Africa
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
- 8.2 Agreements, Collaborations, And Partnerships
- 8.3 New Products Launches
- 9. Key Players
- 9.1 Advanced Sterilization Products Services Inc.
- 9.2 Baxter International
- 9.3 Becton Dickinson And Company
- 9.4 Cardinal Health Inc.
- 9.5 Johnson & Johnson
- 9.6 3M Health Care
- 9.7 B. Braun Melsungen AG
- 9.8 Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- 9.9 Stryker Corporation
- 9.10 List not Exhaustive
- 10. Future of the Market