Japan Food Flavor and Enhancer Market- Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)
The Japanese food flavor and enhancer market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period.
- The continued expansion in the major end-user sectors, like beverages and frozen food, as well as strong gains in domestic expenditures on consumer products, are the factors that are expected to support the food flavors’ demand.
- The unusual flavor hybrids and stronger taste experiences (example hot, sweet, and savory) are emerging as the dominant flavor profiles, with the sour flavors also gaining popularity.
- The market is driven by the changing lifestyle, increasing demand for a healthy ingredient, and influential trend for new exotic and ethnic flavors. With the rising preference for premium-quality products, including premium lines of seasonings and sauces, the market is growing rapidly.
Key Market Trends
Increased Utilization in Beverages
In order to cater to the increasing demand for flavored carbonated beverage products, the companies are increasingly focusing on making product lines based on tropical fruits and super fruits. This is driving the growth of the flavored beverage market. Flavor inspirations from fruits, vegetables, and herbs are still relatively underutilized in the beverage industry. There are numerous opportunities available to formulators interested in incorporating fruit flavors into products, while continuing to test other new flavors. Innovations in functional beverages and flavoring are attracting health-conscious consumers. Thus, manufacturers may find using fruit, floral, and crossover flavors as the key to success in launching products in the functional food and beverage industry.
Rising Demand for Clean Label Ingredients
Japan is one of the most affluent and sophisticated consumer markets in Asia, where there is demand for healthy products with a descriptive labelling that can provide a better understanding of the ingredients being used in the product formulation. Consumer preference, such as innovative flavors, health benefits, convenience, and alternative natural sources for nutrient supplements, has augmented the clean label ingredient market. There has been a growing consumer demand for processed food, and the expectations for safer and healthier ingredients have, in turn, increased the need for the introduction of clean-label ingredients across diverse applications. Manufacturers are fast adopting the strategy of incorporating functional ingredients that can improve the nutritional profile of the product.
The Japanese food flavor and enhancer market is consolidated with the major players holding the maximum share in the market. The key strategies adopted by the companies are new product innovations, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and expansion. The major players are Givaudan, Firmenich, Kerry Group, International Flavors, and Fragrances Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.