Japan Agrochemicals Market - By Type and Application-Market Shares, Forecasts and Trends (2017 - 2022)
The agrochemicals market in Japan is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% during 2015-2020.
Japan Agrochemicals Market Dynamics
Embracing modern practices in the fields and usage of agrochemicals have seen tremendous growth in Japan. While the demand for food products is increasing, the available land mass for agriculture is shrinking due to increased effect of urbanization. This propels farmers to use various agrochemicals to maintain soil health and increase land productivity. While the benefit of agrochemicals is commendable and people are getting aware of it, low per-capita use and shrinking farmland are the major setbacks for the countryâ€™s growth in the agrochemicals market.
Japan Agrochemicals Market Segmentation
In product segment, nitrogenous fertilizers form the largest share of fertilizer market. Pesticides market is currently lead by herbicides products followed by fungicides and insecticides. Rice, fruits and vegetables are the major crops that consume most of the agrochemicals demand. Japan is likely to be the slowest growing market for agrochemicals in the Asia-Pacific, which would follow the trend of large and established markets of North America and Western Europe in posting sluggish growth.
Key Players in the Japanese Agrochemicals Market
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Nihon Hiryo Co. Ltd., Sun Agro Co. Ltd., Asahi Industries Co. Ltd. andArysta LifeScience (Japan) are some of the big companies operating in the country.
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Research Methodology
- 1.2 Definition of the Market
- 1.3 Assumptions
- 2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
- 3. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 3.1 Introduction
- 4. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Need for increased land productivity
- 4.1.2 Soil health improvement
- 4.2 Constraints
- 4.2.1 Less availability of arable land
- 4.2.2 Environmental constraints
- 4.3 Opportunities
- 4.3.1 Integrated Farming Practices
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Fertilizers Market
- 5.1.2 Pesticides Market
- 5.1.3 Adjuvants Market
- 5.1.4 Plant Growth Regulators Market
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Crop-based
- 220.127.116.11 Grains & Cereals
- 18.104.22.168 Oil seeds
- 22.214.171.124 Fruits & Vegetables
- 5.2.2 Non Crop based
- 126.96.36.199 Turf & Ornamental Grass
- 188.8.131.52 Others
- 6. Competitive Landscape
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
- 6.2 Joint Ventures
- 6.3 New Product Launches
- 6.4 Most active companies in the past five years
- 6.5 Market Share Analysis
- 7. Company Profiles
- 7.1 Bayer Crop Science
- 7.2 BASF
- 7.3 Agrium
- 7.4 CF Industries Holdings
- 7.5 Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan
- 7.6 The Mosaic Company
- 7.7 Yara International
- 7.8 Bunge (BG)
- 7.9 Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)
- 7.10 Cargill
- 7.11 Terra Nitrogen Company
- 7.12 Monsanto Company
- 7.13 Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan
- 7.14 Intrepid Potash
- 7.15 E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company
- 7.16 Makhteshim Agan Industries Ltd.
- 7.17 Sumitomo Chemical
- 7.18Dow Agrosciences Llc.
- 7.19 Syngenta AG.
- 7.20 Emery Oleochemicals LLC
- 7.21 Lallemand Inc.
- 7.22Arysta LifeScience (Japan)
- 7.23 Sinofert Holdings Limited (China)
- 7.24 Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- 7.25 Nihon Hiryo Co., Ltd.
- 7.26 Sun Agro Co., Ltd.
- 7.27 Asahi Industries Co., Ltd.
- 8. Appendix
- 9. Disclaimer