Indonesia Whey Protein Market - Growth, Trends & Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The Indonesia Whey Protein Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- The key factors that drive the growth of the whey protein market in Indonesia are the rising demand for dairy ingredients and the keen interest of youngsters towards protein-rich sports nutrition.
- Also, other factors such as rising awareness among the mass to be fit and remain in shape, along with enhancing body immunity across the country have led to significant growth in demand for whey protein in urban areas. This increase in the number of muscle and fitness enthusiasts has prompted a growing consumer demand for whey-based protein sports beverages, specialized nutritional drinks, nutritional snack bars, and other products, which are designed to optimize athletic performance.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand For Protein-Based Functional Food & Beverage
With widespread attention that whey protein gained due to its functional benefits, it has become the choice of the fitness-oriented Indonesian consumers, creating a demand for products containing whey in the country. Also, it has been witnessed in animal models, to assess their potential role in the prevention of disease and to contribute to a basis for their introduction as ingredients in functional foods. This has led to the demand for whey protein in the functional foods segment, as it is highly nutritional and brings makes the body healthier. The nutritional value of whey proteins makes them a highly valuable ingredient in confections. This increased demand in the number of muscle and fitness enthusiasts in the growing middle-class population have led to an increase in the consumption rate of functional foods. In the confectionery industry, lactose and lactose derivatives are important whey-derived functional ingredients. It offers a cost-effective alternative to formulate caramels with excellent processability and the good eating quality.
Whey Protein Isolates to Drive the Indonesia Whey Protein Market
The escalated demand for protein from nutritional industries such as medical & clinical nutrition, infant nutrition, and sports nutrition and goods markets, are thus driving the whey protein isolates market. Also, other factors such as higher purity of whey isolate, with less carbs, lactose and fat; and lower cost as compared to the other whey protein types, are thus intensifying the whey protein isolates market. Thus, it is a common choice for people who need to maintain low body fat without getting their body muscles affected. This form of whey protein is basically popular among athletes, sportsperson, and people who are lactose intolerant.
The Indonesia Whey Protein Market is fragmented and competitive, owing to the presence of large regional and domestic players. Emphasis is given on the merger, expansion, acquisition, and partnership of the companies along with new product development as strategic approaches adopted by the leading companies to boost their brand presence among consumers. Key players dominating the market includes Lactalis Ingredients, FrieslandCampina Ingredients, Glanbia plc, AB "Rokiškio sūris", Carbery Group Ltd., and SBH Foods Private Limited among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.