India Whey Protein Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)
The Indian whey protein market is expected to register a CAGR of 11%, during the forecasted period (2019 - 2024).
- India is one of the fastest developing nations, globally. The food sector in the country has grown threefold during the past decade and is expected to follow the same trend over the next 10 years.
- Functional food and beverages have gained immense popularity among the health-conscious Indian population.
- In particular, products containing whey protein have gained importance due to the health benefits they offer. The demand for personal care products containing whey protein has also increased in the region. As the Indian youth are highly fitness conscious, the demand for whey protein powder among the bodybuilding groups is increasing.
Key Market Trends
Whey Protein Concentrates Remain the Market Leader
Owing to the multi-functionalities associated with the whey protein concentrates, such as easily digestible, efficient processing, and economic applications have been few major factors augmenting the market growth in the country. Moreover, with the increased consumption of sports nutrition among Indian youth, the demand for WPCs have risen attributed to its wide application in the segment. In addition, whey protein offers a cost-effective alternative to formulate caramels with excellent processability and the good eating quality increasing the desirability of the ingredient.
Rising Demand for Sports Nutrition
The younger generation in India is increasingly gaining interest in sports and fitness activities, which in turn, is booming the demand for sports nutrition. Further, sports drinks with incorporated whey protein have been gaining momentum in recent years. The concept of sports drinks is relatively new to Indian consumers, but with the gradual increase in its awareness and availability, the sports drinks industry has witnessed a high growth rate, in terms of both value and volume, in the recent past.
The Indian whey protein market is highly fragmented due to the prevalence of a largely unorganized sector. Several small and international players are involved in the manufacturing and distribution of whey protein ingredients in the country. Some of the dominant players in the market are Glanbia PLC, Fonterra Co-operative Group, Arla Foods AMBA and Agropur US.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.3.5 Degree of Competition
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate
- 5.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate
- 5.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Sports and Performance Nutrition
- 5.2.2 Infant Formula
- 5.2.3 Functional/Fortified Food
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Most Active Companies
- 6.2 Key Strategies Adopted
- 6.3 Market Share Analysis
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Glanbia plc
- 6.4.2 Fonterra Co-operative Group
- 6.4.3 Arla Foods Ingredients Group
- 6.4.4 Agropur US
- 6.4.5 Titan Biotech
- 6.4.6 LACTALIS Ingredients
- 6.4.7 Charotar Casein Company
- 6.4.8 Euroserum
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS