The packaging industry in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5%, during the forecast period (2019 - 2024). The Indian packaging industry has made a mark with its exports and imports thereby driving technology and innovation growth in the country and adding value to the various manufacturing sectors.
Scope of the Report
- Fast-moving consumer goods being one of the primary growing segments across the retail sector is one of the biggest end users of the packaging industry in India. With the boom in e-commerce and organized retail, it is expected to enhance the growth of plastic packaging and per-capita consumption in the near future.
- The rise of purchasing power due to the growth in the per-capita income of the Indian middle-class is fueling the Indian packaging economy market in adopting better packaging methods, materials, and machinery to ensure quality factor for Indian businesses.
- The food processing sector has one of the biggest users of flexible packaging, is accounting for more than 50% of total demand, is making use of plastics that help in improving the hygiene quotient and shelf life of products, especially across the foods and beverages segment.
Increasing organized retail along with the boom in the E-Commerce sector across the Indian packaging industry is finding exponential growth which resulted in thousands of packets being delivered every day across the country and this demands quality packaging of the products. The growth of the packaging market in India is largely driven by various logistic applications, technological advancements, as well as with the growing demand in the development in the packaging sector across the emerging market of India. Key Market Trends
Food Industry is expected to Hold the Significant Share
- In India the ready-to-eat meals are gaining high traction, owing to busy work schedules, rising number of working women and altering habits towards on-the-go consumption, which is, in turn, expected to ascend the utilization of packaging across the food sector, thereby, fueling the market growth over the forecast period.
- With the aim of developing active materials for the use in the design of packages, coatings, and packaging technologies, which helps to maintain and improve the sensorial and nutritional characteristics and safety of foodstuffs, and increase their shelf life, nano-fabrication technologies are emerging as valuable solutions across the region.
- The organized food processing sector is a major link between the agriculture and manufacturing industry across the country, contributing as much as 9 to 10 % of the total GDP, thereby given its significant contribution to the national economy.
The packaging industry in India is moderately competitive and consists of several players competing to improve their market share. With the rising demand for packaging application along with technological advancement across the Indian economy, many companies are increasing their market presence thereby expanding their business footprint across various end-user markets.
- April 2019 - Tetra Pak announced the launch of its connected packaging platform, which will transform milk and juice cartons into interactive information channels, full-scale data carriers, and digital tools. Driven by the trends behind Industry 4.0, and with code generation, digital printing and data management at its core, the connected packaging platform will bring new benefits to food producers, retailers, and shoppers.
- December 2018 - Cosmo Films recently launched sterilizable conduction sealing film for wad and lidding applications for PP and PE containers. This film can withstand high temperatures during the sterilization process, which is used to increase the shelf-life of the product. The newly developed sealing film is a clear, one side corona treated and other side heat sealable film. The film offers exceptional seal integrity while it also offers improved convenience to the consumers because it is easy to open and peel cleanly without splitting.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Growing Demand for Longer-lasting Packaging Products
- 4.3.2 Rising Demand for Sustainable & Innovative Food Packaging Products
- 4.3.3 Evolving Supply Chain Logistics due to Emergence of E-commerce
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Stringent Environment Regulations
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.7 Technology Snapshot
- 4.7.1 Primary
- 4.7.2 Secondary
- 4.7.3 Tertiary
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Material Type
- 5.1.1 Paper
- 5.1.2 Plastic
- 5.1.3 Metal
- 5.1.4 Glass
- 5.1.5 Other Material Types
- 5.2 By End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Food
- 5.2.2 Beverage
- 5.2.3 Pharmaceutical
- 5.2.4 Consumer Electronics
- 5.2.5 Personal/Homecare
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Jindal Poly Films Ltd.
- 6.1.2 Positive Packaging Industries Ltd.
- 6.1.3 Amcor Limited
- 6.1.4 Cosmo Films Limited
- 6.1.5 Essel Propack Limited
- 6.1.6 Tetra Pak International SA
- 6.1.7 Uflex Limited
- 6.1.8 Oji India Packaging Pvt. Ltd.
- 6.1.9 Umax Packaging Ltd.
- 6.1.10 Polyplex Corporation Limited
- 6.1.11 Tri-Wall Pak Private Limited
- 7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
- 8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS