India Construction Chemicals Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)
The Indian construction chemicals market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 8%, over the forecast period. The Indian construction chemicals market follows a slightly different trend than that of the global market. Due to the lack of awareness about the long-term benefits of construction chemicals, the demand for chemicals, such as concrete admixtures, adhesives, sealants, and waterproofing, which have immediate tangible effects, is high.
- Increase in infrastructure construction activities across the country is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market studied.
- Lack of skilled labor in India is likely to hinder the market’s growth.
- Increasing Foreign Direct Investments is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Rising Residential and Commercial Construction Activities
- The construction sector is one of the largest sectors in the country, and it is growing at a healthy rate, owing to the rising population, increase in middle-class income, and urbanization.
- The government is taking various steps to restructure corporate taxes and make them more appealing to foreign investors. The move is anticipated to boost investments in the healthcare, education, housing, transport, and water infrastructure sectors.
- Investments worth USD 31,650 billion have been proposed by 99 cities under their smart city plans. 100 smart cities and 500 cities are likely to invite investments worth INR 2 trillion in the next 5 years.
- The ‘Housing for All’ program, launched in June 2015, aims to build 20 million houses in the urban areas and 30 million houses in the rural areas by 2022. The National Housing Bank has refinanced individual housing loans of about USD 3.1 billion during 2017-2018. 60 million new homes are expected to be built in India between 2018 and 2024.
- The growth drivers of the Indian infrastructure sector, which maintains the demand for construction chemicals, are government initiatives, infrastructure needs, housing development, international investment, and public and private partnership projects.
Increasing Demand for Concrete Admixtures
- Concrete admixtures are ingredients that are added to the concrete mixture before or during mixing. Concrete admixtures reduce concrete construction cost by modifying the properties of hardened concrete, thereby ensuring better quality during mixing, transporting, placing, and curing. This allows users to overcome emergencies during concrete operations.
- The admixture is generally added in a relatively small quantity, ranging from 0.005% to 2%, by weight of cement. However, overuse of admixtures has detrimental effects on the quality and properties of concrete.
- Based on function, admixtures are categorized into several types, which include air-entraining, retarding, accelerating, plasticizing, and water reducing, among others. The special category admixtures have various functions, including shrinkage reduction, corrosion inhibition, workability enhancement, alkali-silica reactivity reduction, bonding, coloring, and damp proofing.
- The market for concrete admixture in India is witnessing a significant growth, owing to the rapid growth in the construction industry. Government initiatives like “Housing for all by 2022” have largely facilitated the growth of the construction sector in the country.
- Owing to all these factors, the demand for concrete admixture in the country is likely to increase in the coming years.
The market for construction chemicals in India is consolidated in nature. The major players in the market include Sika AG, BASF SE, MAPEI SpA, Pidilite Industries Limited., and Fosroc Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1 INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
- 2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rising Residential and Commercial Construction Activities
- 4.1.2 Increasing Investments in the Infrastructure Sector
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Lack of Skilled Labor in the Country
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Concrete Admixture
- 5.1.2 Surface Treatment
- 5.1.3 Repair and Rehabilitation
- 5.1.4 Protective Coatings
- 5.1.5 Industrial Flooring
- 5.1.6 Waterproofing
- 5.1.7 Adhesives
- 5.1.8 Sealants
- 5.1.9 Grout and Anchor
- 5.1.10 Cement Grinding Aids
- 5.2 End-user Sector
- 5.2.1 Commercial
- 5.2.2 Industrial
- 5.2.3 Infrastructure
- 5.2.4 Residential
- 5.2.5 Public Space
- 6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Arkema Group
- 6.4.3 Ashland
- 6.4.4 BASF SE
- 6.4.5 Chryso SAS
- 6.4.6 CICO Group
- 6.4.7 Dow
- 6.4.8 Fosroc Inc.
- 6.4.9 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.10 LafargeHolcim
- 6.4.11 MAPEI SpA
- 6.4.12 Nouryon
- 6.4.13 Pidilite Industries Limited
- 6.4.14 RPM International Inc.
- 6.4.15 Sika AG
- 6.4.16 Saint-Gobain Weber
- 6.4.17 Thermax Global
- 6.4.18 Zydex Industries
- 7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS