Global Whiplash Protection System Market - Analysis of Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The global whiplash protection system market is expected to register a CAGR of 13.29% during the forecast period. More than 50 million are injured in road crashes, annually, across the world. It has been found that with the application of the suitable safety systems, this figure can be decreased considerably. Recently, it was found that most of the Indian hatchbacks, the highest selling vehicles in the country, scored a zero safety rating in the Euro NCAP crash test. This was mainly because the vehicles lacked basic safety equipment. This scenario is rampant in most of the emerging markets that are the fastest growing automobile markets in the world. Car manufacturers have taken this finding seriously, and some of them have started incorporating certain safety systems as standard fitment.
Safety Regulations to Drive the Market in Future
Whiplash protection systems protect front occupant’s neck from whiplash injuries in the event of a crash. These are generally offered in luxury vehicles as they are not considered essential enough to be incorporated in economy cars. The main reason for this is the extremely budget conscious nature of the buyers in the wider segment, that makes it difficult for manufacturers to add such systems. Airbags and ABS systems have the most priority, post which the manufacturers think of adding other systems. However, tighter safety regulations will soon be in place, making it mandatory for automobiles to feature whiplash protection systems. These systems are the most vital safety solutions when it comes to rear-end collisions and prevent a multitude of injuries. The need for safer driving experience and anticipated regulations for automotive safety is expected to boost the market for whiplash protection systems over the next five years.
Though Asia-Pacific is the largest automobile market, globally, it lags behind North America, significantly, in the whiplash protection systems market. However, due to the increasing purchasing power of the average customer in the region, the whiplash protection systems market is likely to grow the fastest in the region.
Key Developments in the Market:
- February 2018: Volvo XC40 with whiplash protection system launched.
Major Players: BOSCH, AUTOLIV, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE, HYUNDAI MOBIS, DENSO CORPORATION, amongst others
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Latest technology trends adopted by the manufacturers in the global whiplash protection industry.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The vehicle segment that is expected to register the highest growth rate in the market.
- The region and country that are expected to dominate the market.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Research Phases
- 1.2 Scope of the Market
- 1.3 Study Deliverables
- 2. Executive Summary
- 3. Market Overview and Technology Trends
- 3.1 Current Market Scenario
- 3.2 Technology Trends
- 3.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 3.3.1 Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
- 3.3.2 Bargaining Power of the Consumers
- 3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Opportunities
- 5. Whiplash Protection System Market, Segmented by Vehicle Type
- 5.1 Passenger Vehicles
- 5.2 Commercial Vehicles
- 6. Whiplash Protection System Market, Segmented by Geography
- 6.1 North America
- 6.1.1 United States
- 6.1.2 Canada
- 6.1.3 Mexico
- 6.1.4 Rest of the North America
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Spain
- 6.2.2 United Kingdom
- 6.2.3 Germany
- 6.2.4 Russia
- 6.2.5 France
- 6.2.6 Rest of the Europe
- 6.3 Asia-Pacific
- 6.3.1 China
- 6.3.2 India
- 6.3.3 Japan
- 6.3.4 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
- 6.4 South America
- 6.4.1 Brazil
- 6.4.2 Argentina
- 6.4.3 Rest of the South America
- 6.5 Middle East & Africa
- 6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
- 6.5.2 South Africa
- 6.5.3 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- 7. Competitive Landscape
- 7.1 Introduction
- 7.2 Market Share Analysis
- 7.3 Developments of Key Players
- 8. Company Profiles
- 8.1 Autoliv
- 8.2 Bosch
- 8.3 Continental AG
- 8.4 Delphi Automotive
- 8.5 Denso Corporation
- 8.6 Grammer AG
- 8.7 Hyundai Mobis
- 8.8 Lear Corporation
- 8.9 TRW Automotive
- 8.10 WABCO
- 8.11 Takata Corporation
- 8.12 Toyota
- 9. Outlook of the market
- 10. Disclaimer