Global Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market - Segmented by Textile, Raw Material End-User Industry, Application, and Geography – Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2016 - 2021)
The global waterproof breathable textiles market has been estimated at USD 1.48 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD X.XX billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 5.52% during the forecast period, 2017 to 2022.
The waterproof breathable textile is a type of fabric used in various types of garments to provide protection against weather conditions such as the wind and rain, while maintaining the body temperature. Waterproof breathable textiles, unlike other water-resistant fabrics, help to prevent both, water penetration and absorption, and are also anti-microbial, antiviral and provide resistivity towards dirt and dew; thus, accelerating their demand in various active sportswear applications. However, consumer involvement towards outdoor activities and the ongoing changing fashion trends may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
The global waterproof breathable textiles market has been segmented by application into active sportswear, tents, and other applications. In 2015, the active sportswear application accounted for more than 80% of the global waterproof breathable textiles market. Regarding the end-user industry, the market has been segregated into garments, footwear, and gloves. Garment is the largest end-user industry for the global waterproof breathable textiles, accounting for more than 63% of the total market share.
The global waterproof breathable textiles market, by the type of textile, is broadly segmented into densely woven, membrane, and coated. Further, by the type of raw material used, the market is segregated into polyurethane, poly tetra fluoro ethylene (PTFE), polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF), polyester microfilament yarns, fluoropolymers, and a few other types of raw materials. The increasing government support for research on waterproof breathable textiles, coupled with the stringent rules and regulations imposed by the government on VOC emissions and other hazardous air pollutants, is opening a gateway to opportunities in the global waterproof breathable textiles market. Growing health awareness and the increasing use of recycled PET bottles to manufacture waterproof breathable fabrics will also contribute to the growing waterproof breathable textiles market.
The market has been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. Europe has the highest market share, accounting for more than 33% of the global market, in 2015.
Opportunities and Major Players
The increasing adoption of waterproof breathable textiles due to the growing consumers’ health awareness, increasing disposable income, preference towards high-performance, elegant, and comfortable fabrics across the world are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the global waterproof breathable textiles market. Globally, there are around XX suppliers competing in the sector, with the top 10 suppliers accounting for almost XX% of the overall market.
Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product development, include:
• Clariant Dow Corning Corp.
• Helly Hansen
• Jack Wolfskin GmbH & Co.
• Marmot Mountain LLC
• Nike Inc.
• Toray Industries Inc.
• W. L. Gore & Associates Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global waterproof breathable textiles market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global waterproof breathable textiles market on both, global and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook