Global Water-Soluble Polymers Market - Segmented by Type, End-User Industry, Application and Geography – Trends and Forecasts (2016 - 2021)
The global water-soluble polymers market was valued at USD XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX%, during the forecast period, 2017-2022. Regarding volume, the global water-soluble polymers market had a capacity of XX billion cubic feet (Bcf) in 2016 and is expected to reach XX (Bcf) by 2022, at a CAGR of XX%.
Water-soluble polymers can perform various useful functions like gelling, flocculating, thickening, stabilizing, and rheology-modifying in a wide-range of applications. The diverse applications of these polymers include water treatments, food processing, paper & pulp, personal care, pharmaceuticals, etc.
One of the major drivers of the water-soluble polymers market is the US shale gas drilling. The guar gum, among other water-soluble polymers, is largely used in hydraulic fracturing. The rise in its demand has significantly increased the prices of guar gum. The market is also driven by the growing water treatment industry in the Asia-Pacific region. The growing investments by big players like BASF, CNPC, and Beijing Hengju are expected to boost the market. However, fluctuating raw material prices, along with the rising environmental concerns, can restrain the market growth. Recent research and development in making bio-based acrylamide can be an opportunity for the future growth of the market.
Polyacrylamide, among other water-soluble polymers, is the largest and fastest-growing market, mainly due to its application in water treatment and the petroleum industry. Guar gum, which is produced in Asia, is the second major market, with India and Pakistan being the leading producers.
Asia-Pacific accounts for a majority of the water-soluble polymers market, with XX% of the total market size. China is the leading and fastest-growing market regarding value and consumption. Europe is the second biggest market, followed by North America.
Some of the major companies are:
• Beijing Hengju Chemical
• CP Kelco
• Gelita AG
• Kemira Oyj
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global water-soluble polymers market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global water-soluble polymers market on both, global and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.