Global Superabsorbent Polymer Market Segmented by Product type, Application and Geography- Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
The Global Superabsorbent Polymer Market stood at XXXX kilotons in 2015. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period, to reach a value of $8.76 billion. North America is the largest market for superabsorbent polymers and this region is expected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period. Asia Pacific region is likely to be the fastest growing region, expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% between 2015 and 2020. Demand for superabsorbent polymers in Europe is also anticipated to witness moderate growth due to the mature market for baby diapers and female hygiene products in the region.
Superabsorbent polymers (SAPs) are materials that possess the ability to absorb and retain large volumes of liquid or aqueous solutions. This makes them ideal for usage in water absorbing applications such as baby nappies, adult incontinence pads, absorbent medical dressings and controlled release drugs. Product segments in this industry are majorly three: sodium polyacrylate, polyacrylamide copolymer and others. These polymers are commonly available in granular, solid or powder and cross-linked forms.
Expansions and new investments for SAP plants in the recent past indicates that the industry is on its way to expand globally and as a result, global SAP suppliers are strengthening their presence in emerging markets. Along with these factors, the growing diaper industry will also continue to drive the demand for SAP. However, the SAP industry will have to overcome challenges, such as the availability and price volatility of raw materials and changing health regulations, in order to meet the increasing demand from the growing diaper industry.
This report contains information on analysis of the market segmented by product type (Polyacrylamide, sodium polyacrylate and others), By application (Baby diapers, adult incontinence products, Sanitary napkins, agriculture support products and others) and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world). Some of the key players in this market are BASF SE, Procter and Gamble Co., Bayer AG and Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings.
Increase in population and awareness of personal hygiene are the decisive drivers in this market.
Expensive raw materials and lack of a fixed price margin along with global changes in health regulations norms are identified to be the major restraints impending market growth.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.