Global Silicone Market - Segmented by Application, End-User Industry, and Geography – Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
The market has been estimated at XX kilo tons in 2016 and is projected to reach XX kilo tons by 2022, at a CAGR of XX% during 2017 to 2022 (the forecast period).
Silicone is a high-performance material that can take a variety of physical forms, including solids, liquids, semi-viscous pastes, greases and oils. The silicone family includes siloxanes and silanes and they are used in a vast range of applications in numerous industries. Increasing demand for silicones from various end-user industries, such as construction, automotive, electronics, beauty & personal care, and pharmaceutical industries are driving the market for silicone, globally. However, the market faces certain drawbacks due to the adverse health impact of silicones, and the rising cost of raw materials, such as silicon metal and methyl chloride, which may act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
In the report, the global silicone market is segmented by product form, application, and end-user industry. By product form, greases & fluids is the largest segment, dominating with a market share of XX%. By end-user industry, construction dominates for silicones, with a market share of XX% in 2016. In the construction industry, silicones are used in structural glazing & weatherproofing, while contributing to energy efficiency of the buildings. They also help to improve in-shop productivity and reduce material waste, and extending building life and reducing lifecycle costs. All these factors have hugely contributed to the growing market for silicone, globally, through 2022.
The market has also been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and the Middle East & Africa. In 2016, Asia-Pacific was the leading consumer of silicone, accounting for more than XX% of the global silicone market. The growing market in China is one of the prominent reasons for the Asia-Pacific silicone market, through the years.
Opportunities and Major Players
Rising awareness and use of liquid silicon rubber due to modern manufacturing and injection molding technology is expected to offer numerous opportunities for the global silicone market growth. Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product development, include:
• BASF SE
• Wacker Group
• Shin-Etsu Chemical Company, Ltd.
• Dow Corning Corporation
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global silicone market, with global and region-specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global silicone market on global and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
• Wacker increased the prices of silicone polymers, silicone fluids and silicones. since 1st April, 2017
• In March 2017, Degania Silicone, Ltd. entered into an agreement with Control Flo Medical LLC for the design & manufacture of the Patented ResQ Urological Catheter System
• In March 2017, Trelleborg expanded the portfolio of engineered medical fabrics, which included silicone coated fabrics
• Siltech decided to expand its silicone surfactants capacity in Ontario, United States