Global Shotcrete/Sprayed Cement Market – Size, Share, and Forecast (2017 - 2022)
The global shotcrete/sprayed market is expected to increase at a healthy rate during 2017-2022 (the forecast period). The demand for shotcrete concrete is mainly driven by the increase in the underground construction activities.
Underground construction is the main application of the shotcrete concrete market, with wet process being the widely used process. Currently, Europe is the largest user of wet mix shotcrete process and is mainly used when high grade concrete quality is specified and output required is high. Wet mix is most popularly used in mechanical tunneling and mining. Rapid construction, which accounts to saving labor and time, easily customizable nature and elimination of formwork not achievable in traditional concrete, have increased the demand for shotcrete concrete.
The major driver for the shotcrete concrete market is the increase in underground and mining activities. The increasing industrialization and growth in the underground transportation facilities in developing countries like India fuel the shotcrete concrete market. In addition, increase in the demand from the residential sector, owing to the low cost of maintenance, has augmented the demand for shotcrete concrete market. The continuous innovation and advancements in technology also spurs the demand. The main restraint of the market is the lacked of skilled laborers. The other major restraint is environmental issues, owing to dry shotcrete machine spraying in which there is no concrete mixing water, so the jet will have a significant dust. In addition, the lack of skilled laborers qualifies as an obstacle for the shotcrete market.
Areas with Scope for Shotcrete/Sprayed Concrete Market
Europe accounts for the maximum share of the global shotcrete market. The share is mainly attributed to the increase in underground construction activities in major countries, such as Italy and Germany. In addition, rapid technological advancements and raw materials in shotcrete, in addition to Europe’s green innocuous approach to environment for construction activities also contribute to the growth of the shotcrete market in the region. European countries like Norway and Sweden show promising demand for shotcrete. The trend is expected to continue in the near future, owing to the rise in use of shotcrete as a permanent lining in the single shell tunnel. Asia-Pacific comes second in the race, owing to industrialization in developing countries like India, Philippines, and the increasing need for underground transportation. In addition, high investments in tunneling and mining projects in China and India, owing to growing urbanization, increase in residential sector demand for low-cost housing and availability of raw materials for shotcrete technology have spurred the demand.
Notable Developments in the Market
• On Dec 2016, CEMEX announced one of its subsidiaries CEMEX Latam Holdings as one of the major concrete suppliers for several skyscrapers in Panama, delivering more than 3 million cubic meter of concrete.
• On Jun 2016, construction chemicals needed for the construction of the world’s largest Gotthard Base Tunnel in Switzerland was provided by BASF.
Why Purchase the Global Shotcrete/ Sprayed Market Report?
• Will the increasing underground construction and mining aid in the growth of the shotcrete concrete market?
• Analyzing various market perspectives with Porter’s five forces analysis
• Which type of shotcrete concrete application is expected to dominate the market?
• Which region is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period?
• Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by major market players, such as:
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook