Global Precision Farming Market - Segmented by Technology (Guidance Systems, Remote Sensing, VRT), Hardware & Software Components, Application and Region - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The Global Precision Farming Market was valued at USD 3.58 billion in 2017, and is expected to reach a value of USD 7.30 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 12.61% over the forecast period (2018 - 2023).
Over the past two decades, PF (precision farming) has successfully made the transition from being an academic research topic to a highly beneficial practice in the field of agriculture. Around 70-80% of the new equipment purchases has been deemed to contain some form of PF tools. PF practices can be better analyzed as a cyclical approach rather than a sequential one (as depicted in the adjacent pictorial representation).By the end of 2030, PF is touted to become the most influential trend in agriculture, eclipsing other advancements. Currently, the adoption of PF practices has largely been uneven, owing to several factors.The adoption was found to be high, in areas where labor costs are high and land costs are relatively inexpensive. The skewed nature of adoption can be attributed to the presence of several exogenous factors, such as the availability of financial aid and initial effectiveness.
Rising Global Demand for Food Products is Driving the Growth of the Market
According to a survey conducted by the UN DESA organization, the world population is expected to grow from around 7.35 billion in 2015 to 8.3 billion in 2030. The growth, in addition to rising disposable incomes, has contributed to the sustained rise in demand for food across the world.The farming community is coming under severe pressure to meet the growing demand for food. The demand can be met by either increasing agricultural land, or by making optimal use of the available agricultural land.Farmers in developed countries are increasingly veering toward “sustainable intensification”, which advocates the use of precision farming techniques and tools to optimize crop productions.
Global Positioning System (GPS)/ Global Satellite Navigation System (GNSS) Held the Largest Share of the Market in 2017
Agriculture contributes to 2% of the global revenue of GNSS systems, considering the receivers, navigation, maps, and software. Of the four billion GNSS devices used worldwide, Asia-Pacific has the highest contribution, which is higher than both Europe and North America, combined.Miniaturization and improved accuracy of the global navigation satellite system (GNSS) technology (of which, GPS is mostly in use, at present) makes it possible for wide-scale adoption of PF technologies for geo-positioning and field mapping. The scope of GNSS devices in PF includes applications in automatic steering, variable rate application, farm machinery guidance, yield monitoring, biomass monitoring, soil condition monitoring, livestock tracking, and virtual fencing. The market size of GNSS devices includes the scope of tractor guidance, automatic steering, variable rate technologies, and asset management. The tractor guidance segment is the largest contributor, with more than half of the GNSS device’s contribution.
United States Held the Largest Share in the Market
As per estimates of the US Department of Agriculture, nearly 2.06 million farms in the United States used 911 million acre land with a production value of USD 355.9 billion in 2016.It is estimated that only 20% of the total acreage in the United States and 58% of the producers implement precision agricultural technologies. AgLeader, Agri-vision, Blue River Technologies, Crop Venture Incorporated, Farm Works, and Holland Scientifics are some of the precision agriculture companies based in the United States.The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has laid out its restrictions toward the flying of drones; but as per their new rules passed in 2016, drones for commercial purposes, weighing up to 55 lb can be used in the United States during daylight hours.
Key Developments in the Market
- October 2017 - AGCO entered an agreement with Lely group, to acquire its forage division. Lely’s industry leading competence in hay and forage technology is poised to strengthen AGCO’s full-line product offerings.
- May 2017 - The Climate Corporation, a subsidiary of Monsanto Company, announced the integration of imagery from innovative aerial imagery partners- CeresImaging, TerrAvion, and Agribotix, that will deliver valuable, high-resolution imagery to farmers through The Climate Corporation’s industry-leading Climate FieldView digital agriculture platform.
Major Players - Agco Corporation, Ag Junction Inc., John Deere Co., Dickey-John Corporation, Teejet Technologies Illinois Llc, Raven Industries Inc., Lindsay Corporation, Monsanto Company, Valmont Industries Inc., Yara International Asa, Topcon Precision Agriculture, Trimble Navigation Limited, E. I. Du Pont De Nemours And Company (Dupont), Land O'lakes Inc., And Basf Se, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- The report provides key information on the factors driving and challenging the growth of the vacuum pump market
- The report provides a well-rounded perspective of the various technologies and different types of systems in the market.
- Provides detailed analysis on geographical trends, with market forecast projected up to 2023.
- Information about the top vendors, along with business strategies and analyst view.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.