Global Naphthalene Market - Segmented by Form, End-User Industry, and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The global naphthalene market is expected to witness a CAGR of nearly 3% during the forecast period, 2018-2023. Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share, globally, because of vast demand from China;,followed by Europe and America.
Naphthalene can be sourced from either coal tar or petroleum. More than 90% of the world’s naphthalene is produced using coal tar because of high naphthalene content of 10%, compared to 2% in petroleum. Naphthalene is mostly used to produce other organic compounds, like phthalic anhydride and naphthalene sulfonates.
Naphthalene Sulphonate Formaldehyde (NSF) Demand Driving the Asia-Pacific Region
China, along with Japan and India, accounts for more than 50% of the market because of rising demand for naphthalene sulphonate formaldehyde (NSF). India has a good potential for the naphthalene market because of rising construction activities, foreign investments, and rapid urbanization.
Construction Industry Dominates the End-User Segments
The naphthalene market, by end-user industry, can be segmented into construction, agrochemical, petrochemical, textile, and others. The construction segment is expected to increase because of growing demand for naphthalene sulfonate-formaldehyde in concrete admixtures. Also, the textile segment is showing potential for growth in the future because of increasing usage as a wetting agent.
Substitutes Hampering the Market Growth
Naphthalene market is facing some challenges. The environmental concerns regarding its usage in pesticides and the growing use of o-xylene, instead of naphthalene, in phthalic anhydride production are factors impeding the growth of the studied market.
Major Players: CARBONTECH GROUP, RÜTGERS GROUP, JFE CHEMICAL CORPORATION, EPSILON CARBON, DEZA, A.S, KOPPERS, INC. amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the global naphthalene market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which product type and end-user industry is expected to dominate the market
- Which country is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Research Phases
- 1.2 Study Deliverables
- 1.3 Scope of the Report
- 2. Executive Summary
- 3. Market Insights
- 3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 3.2.5 Degree of Competition
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing adoptation of NSF in Construction Sector
- 4.1.2 Growing textile industries in Asia Pacific regions
- 4.1.3 Other drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Toxicity issues of naphthalene products
- 4.2.2 Other restraints
- 4.3 Opportunities
- 4.3.1 Stabilizing South American countries economy
- 4.3.2 Stabilizing Construction Sector in UK
- 4.3.3 Other Opportunities
- 5. Market Segmentation and Analysis - (Market size, Growth and forecast)
- 5.1 By Form
- 5.1.1 Powder
- 5.1.2 Liquid
- 5.2 By End-User
- 5.2.1 Construction
- 5.2.2 Agrochemicals
- 5.2.3 Textile
- 5.2.4 Petrochemicals
- 5.2.5 Others
- 6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
- 6.1 Asia-Pacific
- 6.1.1 China
- 6.1.2 India
- 6.1.3 Japan
- 6.1.4 South Korea
- 6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
- 6.1.6 ASEAN Countries
- 6.1.7 Rest of APAC
- 6.2 Europe
- 6.2.1 Germany
- 6.2.2 UK
- 6.2.3 France
- 6.2.4 Italy
- 6.2.5 Russia
- 6.2.6 Rest of Europe
- 6.3 North America
- 6.3.1 USA
- 6.3.2 Canada
- 6.3.3 Mexico
- 6.3.4 Rest of North America
- 6.4 South America
- 6.4.1 Brazil
- 6.4.2 Argentina
- 6.4.3 Rest of South America
- 6.5 Rest of World
- 6.5.1 Middle East
- 6.5.2 Africa
- 7. Future of the Market
- 8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
- 8.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & services, and Recent Developments)
- 9.1 CarbonTech Group
- 9.2 Compro Shijiazhuang Fine Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 9.3 DEZA, a.s
- 9.4 Epsilon Carbon
- 9.5 Industrial Química del Nalón, S.A.
- 9.6 Iwaki Seiyaku Co., Ltd.
- 9.7 JFE Chemical Corporation
- 9.8 Koppers, Inc.
- 9.9 Merck Millipore
- 9.10 PCC Rokita SA
- 9.11 Rütgers Group
- 9.12 Wuxi Kingchan Bio-medical and Chemical Inc.
- *List not exhaustive
- 10. Disclaimer
- **Subject to availability on public domain