Global Nano and Micro Satellite Market - Segmented by Application, End-user Type, Mass, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
Nano and micro satellites range between 1-10 kg and 10-100 kgs, respectively. These satellites are the fastest growing segments of the satellite industry. Their ease to build and lower operating and manufacturing costs are making them immensely popular in, both, civilian and military applications. The factors driving this business sector include diminishing manufacturing, launching costs, increased investment in R&D by both public and private players, rising acceptance of satellite constellation approach and major upcoming mission dispatches. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 23.5% during 2018-2023 (the forecast period).
The cost to build a nano or micro satellite is almost negligible in comparison to the traditional large-scale satellite. This is one of the primary reason driving the market. Due to this reason, many venture capitalists are investing in startups in space technology. Moreover, these miniaturized satellites mostly use the hardware and software already developed and used by the tech industry. Companies are entering the market with ease and offer diverse on-demand services. Thus, the possibilities for new applications and products & services are further widening. For instance, currently, many private players are providing internet-based space exploration to the general public. Diminishing manufacturing and launching costs have resulted in a rise in upcoming launches, worldwide, by, both militaries as well as private conglomerates for earth observation, surveillance, and communication applications.
Too many satellites in orbit
Nano and micro satellites, currently, do not have a deorbiting system, due to size and weight constraints. However, with thousands of satellites in orbit, this factor might create issues for the market. Various international agencies, such as the FCC, the UN, and the IADC, have proposed mitigating guidelines that state the importance of deorbiting.
The commercial and civilian markets for nano- and micro satellites hold the largest share and have scope for high growth during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The North America is projected to have the fastest growing market, followed by APAC and EMEA.
Major Players: DAURIA AEROSPACE, AIRBUS, NORTHROP GRUMMAN, SPACEQUEST, GEOOPTICS, SIERRA NEVADA amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- The report analyses how the increasing applications in earth’s observation will drive the global nano and micro satellite market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the product type that is expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet i(in excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 General Study Assumptions
- 2. Research Methodology
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Analysis Methodology
- 2.3 Study Phases
- 2.4 Econometric Modelling
- 3. Executive Summary
- 4. Market Overview and Trends
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Trends
- 4.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
- 4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
- 5. Market Dynamics
- 5.1 Drivers
- 5.1.1 Low Manufacturing Cost
- 5.1.2 High Demand in Earth Observation Applications
- 5.2 Restraints
- 5.2.1 Implementation of Regulations
- 5.3 Opportunities
- 5.3.1 Internet Access for Areas with No Connectivity
- 6. Global Nano and Micro Satellite Market, Segmentation by Application
- 6.1 Navigation and Mapping
- 6.2 Scientific Research
- 6.3 Power
- 6.4 Communications
- 6.5 Reconnaissance
- 7. Global Nano and Micro Satellite Market, Segmentation by End-User
- 7.1 Military
- 7.2 Government
- 7.3 Commercial
- 8. Global Nano and Micro Satellite Market, Segmentation by Mass
- 8.1 Nano-Satellite (1-10 Kilogram)
- 8.2 Micro-Satellite (10-100 Kilogram)
- 9. Global Nano and Micro Satellite Market, Segmentation by Geography
- 9.1 North America
- 9.1.1 United States
- 9.1.2 Canada
- 9.1.3 Others
- 9.2 South America
- 9.2.1 Brazil
- 9.2.2 Argentina
- 9.2.3 Others
- 9.3 Asia-Pacific
- 9.3.1 China
- 9.3.2 Japan
- 9.3.3 India
- 9.3.4 South Korea
- 9.3.5 Others
- 9.4 Europe
- 9.4.1 United Kingdom
- 9.4.2 Germany
- 9.4.3 France
- 9.4.4 Others
- 9.5 Africa and Middle East
- 9.5.1 UAE
- 9.5.2 South Africa
- 9.5.3 Saudi Arabia
- 9.5.4 Others
- 10. Competitive Landscape
- 10.1 Introduction
- 10.2 Market Share Analysis
- 10.3 Developments of Key Players
- 11. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
- 11.1 Dauria Aerospace
- 11.2 Airbus Defense and Space
- 11.3 Spacequest
- 11.4 Deep Space Industries
- 11.5 Planet Labs
- 11.6 Northrop Grumman Corporation
- 11.7 Geooptics
- 11.8 Sierra Nevada
- 11.9 Axelspace
- 12. Future Outlook of the Market
- 13. Disclaimer