Global Molecular Weight Marker Market - Segmented by Type of Product, Application, Marker and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The global molecular weight marker market has been estimated at USD 372.72 million in 2017. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 12% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. North America accounted for the largest market, accounting for around 35% of the global market share, while Asia-Pacific was estimated to register the fastest CAGR through the forecast period, 2018-2023.
One of the major factors responsible for driving the growth of the global molecular market is the investments being made in the R&D of molecular biology, which involves the use of molecular markers. In 2017, an investment of USD 1.4 million by the Magnotta Foundation to fund Lyme disease research, which requires specific study of these disease characteristics through the use of molecular markers, increased the focus on use of molecular markers in molecular biology and the University of Leeds also invested GBP 17 million for the structural biology research, which would further involve the use of molecular markers in more than 50% of their research activities. These huge investments for research in specific areas that involve molecular markers and also by increasing focus on the molecular research biology are expected to drive the growth of molecular markers market over the forecast period.
Shortage of Skilled Professionals
Lack of skilled professionals in the field of molecular weight markers, to conduct the research process and use these markers efficiently, is restricting the use of molecular weight markers in the market. Many developing or under developed countries still lack a proper laboratory, which is required for the research activities that involve molecular markers. Although developed countries have these facilities to conduct research smoothly, they lack in the area of skilled professionals who are required to carry out further activities, due to which these laboratories are used for other areas of research after sometime. Many people specializing in the breeding of plants involving molecular markers tend to opt for other areas, as this is only a small part in the complete research process. Due to these shortage of skilled professionals and strict government rules reasons, the use molecular markers in the research is restricted.
North America to Dominate the Market Growth
North America has the highest share in the market, accounting for around 35% of the global market share in 2017. The market for North America is highly driven by the presence of many large research laboratories and biotechnology in the United States. Asia-Pacific is fastest growing region for molecular weight marker and portrays huge potential for growth in the future owing to the immense economic developments and rising biotechnology companies in this region.
Key Developments in the market
- November 2017: VWR Corporation is acquired by Avantor, Inc.
- August 2017: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquired Patheon N.V.
- January 2017: Agilent Technologies completed the acquisition of Multiplicom N.V.
Major Key Players: F HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE AG, THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC., AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, SIGMA-ALDRICH (Subsidiary of MERCK KGaA), VWR INTERNATIONAL, QIAGEN, TAKARA BIO INC., BIO-RAD LABORATORIES, PROMEGA CORPORATION, NEW ENGLAND BIOLABSReasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future molecular weight marker market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 MARKET DEFINITION
- 2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 4. KEY INFERENCES
- 5. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
- 5.2 PORTER’S FIVE FORCES
- 5.2.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
- 5.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF CONSUMERS
- 5.2.3 THREATS OF NEW ENTRANTS
- 5.2.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT AND SERVICES
- 5.2.5 COMPETITIVE RIVALRY WITHIN THE INDUSTRY
- 6. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
- 6.1 MARKET DRIVERS
- 6.1.1 HUGE INVESTMENT ON R&D
- 6.1.2 INCREASING FOCUS ON MOLECULAR BIOLOGY RESEARCH
- 6.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
- 6.2.1 LACK OF SKILLED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
- 6.2.2 STRICT GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS
- 6.3 OPPORTUNITIES
- 6.4 KEY CHALLENGES
- 7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 7.1 BY PRODUCT TYPE
- 7.1.1 DNA MARKERS
- 7.1.2 PROTEIN MARKERS
- 7.1.3 RNA MARKERS
- 7.2 BY APPLICATION
- 7.2.1 NUCLEIC ACID APPLICATIONS
- 18.104.22.168 PCR
- 22.214.171.124 SEQUENCING
- 126.96.36.199 NORTHERN BLOTTING
- 188.8.131.52 SOUTHERN BLOTTING
- 184.108.40.206 MOLECULAR CLONING
- 220.127.116.11 OTHERS
- 7.2.2 PROTEOMICS APPLICATIONS
- 18.104.22.168 WESTERN BLOTTING
- 22.214.171.124 GEL EXTRACTION
- 126.96.36.199 OTHERS
- 7.3 BY MARKER TYPE
- 7.3.1 PRESTAINED MARKERS
- 7.3.2 UNSTAINED MARKERS
- 7.3.3 SPECIALITY MARKERS
- 7.4 BY GEOGRAPHY
- 7.4.1 NORTH AMERICA
- 188.8.131.52 US
- 184.108.40.206 CANADA
- 220.127.116.11 MEXICO
- 7.4.2 EUROPE
- 18.104.22.168 FRANCE
- 22.214.171.124 UK
- 126.96.36.199 GERMANY
- 188.8.131.52 ITALY
- 184.108.40.206 SPAIN
- 220.127.116.11 REST OF EUROPE
- 7.4.3 ASIA-PACIFIC
- 18.104.22.168 INDIA
- 22.214.171.124 CHINA
- 126.96.36.199 JAPAN
- 188.8.131.52 AUSTRALIA
- 184.108.40.206 SOUTH KOREA
- 220.127.116.11 REST OF APAC
- 7.4.4 MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 18.104.22.168 GCC
- 22.214.171.124 SOUTH AFRICA
- 126.96.36.199 REST OF MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 7.4.5 SOUTH AMERICA
- 188.8.131.52 BRAZIL
- 184.108.40.206 ARGENTINA
- 220.127.116.11 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 8.1 MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- 8.2 AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
- 8.3 NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
- 9. KEY PLAYERS
- 9.1 F HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE AG
- 9.2 THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- 9.3 AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
- 9.4 SIGMA-ALDRICH (Subsidiary of MERCK KGaA)
- 9.5 VWR INTERNATIONAL
- 9.6 QIAGEN
- 9.7 TAKARA BIO INC.
- 9.8 BIO-RAD LABORATORIES
- 9.9 PROMEGA CORPORATION
- 9.10 NEW ENGLAND BIOLABS
- 9.11 OTHERS
- 10. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET