Global Medium Caliber Ammunition Market
The Global Medium Caliber Ammunition Market is poised to grow at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2018-2023). The industry generated a revenue of USD 1385.61 billion in 2016, whereas, it is anticipated to touch USD XX billion towards the end of FY 2017.
Major factors driving the market are the unstable geopolitical climate and increasing threat of terrorism, which lead to increasing military and defense expenditures. The United States allocated a budget of USD 611 billion during FY 2017, during which about USD 16 million were spent on medium (30mm XM814, 30mm Mk310, 50mm PABM – Programmable Air-Bursting Munitions) caliber weapon systems.
The United States remains the biggest spender on military with an allocated budget of USD 824.6 billion for FY 2018. In the light of growing geopolitical friction between North Korea and the United States, spending on ammunition is expected to increase even further.
In the lethal medium caliber ammunition segment, 30 mm caliber is the most widely in use. The most common 30 mm gun mounts include the single barrel Oerlikon, Mk44 Bushmaster, and CRN-91. The 20 mm guns are relatively less popular, and are currently employed by Francs and Israel.
In the non-lethal (medium) caliber segment, sponge grenades used in 40 mm M320, M203, and M79, 40 mm Stinger rubber, and 40 mm Exact impacts are the most commonly used.
The protectionist policies of countries like India (Reserved Items and other Purchase/Price Preference Policy) and United States (Specialty Metals Restriction) and China, which favor domestic ammunition manufacturers over foreign players, are posing a restraint to the expansion of foreign companies in the segment.
The market is segmented into Non-Lethal and Lethal based on application of which Lethal occupied more than 80% of the market share. Based on geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East and Africa of which Asia pacific occupied the highest market share due to the presence of countries like China, India, Japan, and South Korea.
BAE Systems, Rheinmetall AG, and General Dynamics are the three largest companies in terms of revenue and have collectively occupied more than 50% market share in 2016. Rheinmetall AG also recorded the largest revenue for BIP type projectiles in the non-lethal munitions market for the medium caliber. Other major companies with significant market share are Orbital ATK, Denel, Nammo, Nexter and Mesko.
What the report offers
1.Market analysis for the Global Medium Caliber Ammunition Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Global Medium Caliber Ammunition Market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped