Global Mass Spectrometry Market
The global Mass Spectrometry (MS) market for the period 2015-2020 is expected to account for $XX billion at a CAGR of XX% from $XX billion on 2014.
Mass spectrometry (MS) is an analytical chemistry technique that helps identify the amount and type of chemicals present in a sample by measuring the mass-to-charge ratio and abundance of gas-phase ions. The mass spectrometry market is segmented into different types based on the technology or platform used. These include Single Mass Spectrometry, Hybrid or Tandem Mass Spectrometry and other forms of Mass Spectrometry. Of all these segments, the hybrid mass spectrometry shows a wide application and thus has the highest market share as compared to the other platforms. The technological innovations within LC–MS techniques including triple quadrupole, ion trap, Q-TOF and FT-MS during the past five years have been revolutionary, and give researchers the tools to garner far more information than ever before contributing to the market demand.
Based on the application, the market has been segmented into pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, industrial chemistry, medical research and environmental and food and beverage testing. Among these, the pharmaceuticals has shown a wide scope of application of mass spectrometry in the year 2014. An increase in the cases of adulterated food and drug abuse has also given the mass spectrometry market a greater scope to flourish.
North America leads the global mass spectrometry market. Major innovations in terms of technology have been observed contributing to the North American research facilities and market players. Brazil and India are now the new grounds for market players with growing demand in the application of MS in the fields of agriculture and medical research.
The key players for the global market of MS include Agilent Technologies, Danaher Corporation, PerkinElmer Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Bruker Corporation and many more.
The increase in government spending in the field of life science research, increased research and development in pharmaceutical industry, growing food concern and competitive post sale and maintenance services are some of the key market drivers for the Global Mass Spectrometry industries.
The significantly high cost of equipment and the lack of skilled labors to operate them are some of the key challenges in the market of MS.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS:
1) Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Global Mass Spectrometry Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Mass Spectrometry Market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook