Global Hydroponics Market - Segmented by Product, Formulation, Ingredient, Mode of Application, Application and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
Key Developments in the Market
The global Hydroponics market has been estimated to cross USD 21203.5 million in 2016. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. Europe is traditionally the largest market that is implementing advanced techniques in hydroponics. Asia-Pacific forms the second largest market for hydroponics, which is then expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period.
Growing Emphasis on food security drives the market
Global population is increasing exponentially, and every day nearly 200,000 people are adding up to the world food demand. . Farmland per capita in 2030 will decrease to 1800m², from the 2,200m² in 2005. Adding to this, crop pests are causing 10-16% of global crop losses annually, making the situation worse. To attain self-sufficiency in food, hydroponics provide an effective solution as the technology uses the space efficiently.
Hydroponic industry is the documented higher yield in comparison to traditional agricultural techniques. Along with profit farming, growing consumption of exotic, salad crops and increasing need for global food security will drive the market upwards.
Europe dominates the market share
Europe is traditionally the largest market that is implementing advanced techniques in hydroponics smart greenhouse horticulture. The matured European market demand is led by countries, such as the Netherlands, Spain and France, Holland is the largest producer of hydroponic crops and is expected to maintain the lead for the next 10 years. All the main vegetable and fruit crops are grown in European countries
- August 2017, Lawn-and-garden giant Scotts Miracle-Gro spent USD 136 million for Gavita, a Dutch grow lighting and Hardware Company. Through its subsidiary, Hawthorne Gardening Co., Scott has invested in companies such as Boulder’s AeroGrow, an indoor gardening company and acquired California’s General Hydroponics Inc. for USD 130 million. They also spent USD 77.1 million to acquire Botanicare.
Major Key Players GREENTECH AGRO LLC (U.S.), ARGUS CONTROL SYSTEMS (CANADA), LOGIQS B.V. (THE NETHERLANDS), LUMIGROW, INC. (U.S.), GENERAL HYDROPONICS, INC., VILLAGE FARMS INTERNATIONAL, HYDRODYNAMICS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To have an understanding of the fastest growing or/and largest regions during the forecast period
- The report outlines drives, restraints and trends that are currently effecting the market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The report covers in-detail insights about the competitors overview, company share analysis
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel. Customization of the Report
- Countries of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
- Companies of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Market Definition
- 1.2 Key Findings of the Study
- 2. Research Scope & Methodology
- 2.1 Study Deliverables
- 2.2 Study Assumptions
- 2.3 Research Methodology
- 2.4 Research Phases
- 3. Market Dynamics
- 3.1 Drivers
- 3.1.1 Growing Emphasis on Food Security
- 3.1.2 Higher Consumption of Salad Crops & Exotic Vegetables
- 3.1.3 Environment-Friendly Profit Farming
- 3.2 Restraints
- 3.2.1 High Startup Cost
- 3.2.2 Less Adoption and Awareness
- 3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- 3.3.1 Bargaining Powers of Buyers
- 3.3.2 Bargaining Powers of Suppliers
- 3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 3.3.4 Threat from Substitute products
- 3.3.5 Competition Rivalry
- 4. Market Segmentation
- 4.1 By Type
- 4.1.1 Aggregate Hydroponic System
- 220.127.116.11 Closed Systems
- 18.104.22.168 Open Systems
- 4.1.2 Liquid Hydroponic Systems
- 4.2 By Crop Type
- 4.2.1 Tomato
- 4.2.2 Lettuce & Leafy Vegetables
- 4.2.3 Pepper
- 4.2.4 Cucumber
- 4.2.5 Others
- 4.3 By Geography
- 4.3.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 184.108.40.206 Others
- 4.3.2 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 U.K.
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Spain
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 The Netherlands
- 220.127.116.11 Others
- 4.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Australia
- 184.108.40.206 Others
- 4.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Others
- 4.3.5 Rest of the World
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Middle East
- 184.108.40.206 Others
- 5. Competitive Landscape
- 5.1 Most Adopted Strategies
- 5.2 Most Active Companies
- 5.3 Market Share Analysis
- 6. Company Profiles
- 6.1 Bright Farms
- 6.2 Circle Fresh Farms
- 6.3 Argus Controls
- 6.4 FormFlex
- 6.5 HortiMaX
- 6.6 KUBO Greenhouse Projects
- 6.7 Heliospectra AB
- 6.8 Hydrofarm, Inc.
- 6.9 Greentech Agro, Llc
- 6.10 Hydrodynamics International, Inc.
- 6.11 American Hydroponics, Inc.
- 6.12 Lumigrow, Inc
- 6.13 General Hydroponics, Inc.
- 6.14 Koninklijke Philips NV
- 6.15 Logiqs B.V.
- 6.16 FormFlex
- 6.17 Thanet Earth
- 6.18 Pegasus agritech
- 6.19 Valoya
- 6.20 Village farms international
- 6.21 James foskett farms
- 6.22 Growlife
- 6.23 Terra Tech
- 7. Future outlook of the Market
- 8. Appendix