Global Green Cement Market – Size, Share, and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
The demand for green cement is driven by the rising environmental concern and depleting natural resources during the production of traditional cement. These factors are estimated to fuel the market growth, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).Green cement is a cementitious material that uses natural resources and generates less carbon dioxide. It is primarily manufactured from industrial wastes like fly ash. These cement exhibit better functional performance and capabilities compared to ordinary cement like the traditional Portland cement. Moreover, green cement consumes about 20% less water compared to other cement. Green cement is expected to reduce the carbon footprint of the construction sector by 40%.Cement production results in around 5% of the total human greenhouse emissions. There is a growing scarcity of raw materials, depletion of fossil fuel reserves, and environmental concerns in the cement industry. Cement manufacturers have been continuously optimizing the clinker production process, to achieve more efficient and environmental-friendly production methods. Green cement’s ability to reduce carbon emissions and improve the setting and curing time of the cement will have a significant impact on the product growth over the next few years.Green cement, however, is in a nascent stage and contributes to only 4% of the global cement production. Portland cement still dominates the construction sector. There is a dearth in skilled workforce required to manufacture green cement. In addition, there are numerous and varied methods employed by companies to produce green cement, which makes the concept of green cement confusing to the end-user. The residential sector is estimated to remain as the largest end-user of the total market, during 2017-2022 (the forecast period).
Areas with Scope for Green Cement:The North America and Europe are expected to adopt green cement at a higher rate compared to the other regions, due to stringent regulations from government agencies like US Environmental protection agency and European Environment Agency regarding greenhouse emissions. Growing construction industries, along with increasing mandates for green solutions in emerging economies of India and China, is expected to result in the market expansion of green cement. Similarly, Latin America and the Middle East are also expected to experience demand, due to rapid urbanization and growing construction sector.
Notable Developments in the Market
• Aug 2017 – Sunrise Resources Plc is planning to set a new foundation at its CS Pozzolan-Perlite Project in Nevada.
• Jun 2017 - The Vallejo City Council delayed action on an appeal of a controversial Orcem California Inc.’s green cement plant project on Mare Island.
• January 2016- Kiran Global Chems Ltd, a part of M S Jain Group, launched an environment-friendly green cement, branded Geocement, using patented technology.
Why Purchase the Global Green cement Market Report?
• Know about: the latest regulations & policies associated with green cement.
• Analyzing various market perspectives with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
• Which region will witness the fastest growth during the forecast period?
• Who are the key vendors in the global green cement market?
• What will be the impact of the global green initiative on the cement market?
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook