Global Fluoropolymer Films Market - Segmented by Type, Application, and Geography – Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2016 - 2021)
The global fluoropolymer films market has been estimated at USD XX billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2022, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period, 2017 to 2022.Fluoropolymer contains molecules of carbon and fluorine. These high performance polymers are used in extreme chemical and high temperature environment to meet the critical performance specification. Fluoropolymer films are used in various end use industries such as composite release, chemical processing, electrical & electronics, packaging, and specialty films industry due to its properties such as low coefficient of friction, chemical inertness, exceptional dielectric properties, weather & UV resistance, excellent optical properties, negligible moisture absorption, and outstanding performance at temperature extremes.
Market DynamicsThe fluoropolymer films market is driven by the increasing demand from various industries, such as automotive, electrical & electronics and construction. Fluoropolymer films possess unique properties over other conventional films such as excellent weathering resistance, mechanical properties, are inertness toward staining agents, solvents, and chemicals; which increases the demand of fluoropolymer film in the global market.
Market SegmentationThe global fluoropolymer film market is segmented based on type: PTFE, PVDF, FEP, ETFE, PCTFE, PVF and others. By application, the market has been further segmented into barrier films, decorative, microporous and safety & security films, among others. The major end-user industries using fluoropolymer films are automobiles, construction, electrical & electronics, packaging, personal care products, and others.The market has also been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global fluoropolymer films market, accounting for a major share in overall consumption in 2015. Asia-Pacific and Europe remained second and the third largest fluoropolymer films consuming regions. North America, owing to its fast pace of economic advancement and huge demand from a wide range of industries, such as electrical & electronics and automobiles are frontrunners in the consumption of fluoropolymers. In the recent years, Asia-Pacific registered a strong demand for fluoropolymers and the trend is expected to continue in the near future, driven especially by China and India.
Opportunities and Major PlayersDevelopment of green fluoropolymers is projected to offer significant growth opportunities to the global fluoropolymer films market in the near future. Solar industry is anticipated to be one of the potential market for fluoropolymers during the forecast period as fluoropolymer films are making their way to create a handful application in solar industry.Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product development, include:
• 3M Company
• Arkema SA
• Solvay SA
• Honeywell International Inc.
• Asahi Glass Co. Ltd
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global fluoropolymer films market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global fluoropolymer films market on both, global and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook