Global In-Flight Catering Services Market - Analysis of Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The global in-flight catering services market has been estimated at USD 15.54 billion in 2017. The market is expected to register a CAGR close to 6% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest market, accounting for around one-third of the global market share in 2017.
Increasing numbers of air passengers, passenger preferences to pay for premium food, hotel-airline collaborations, expanding global aircraft fleet, growing demand for third-party caterers to achieve quality and affordability, and advancement in technology of food-ordering systems are the some of the factors driving the market.
In the food and beverage industry, ordering and paying for food and beverages via tablet and mobile devices has become the new trend at casual dining chains such as Applebee’s and Chili’s across the United States, while airport restaurateur OTG has installed thousands of food-ordering iPads at half a dozen of the US airports. Leisure air carrier TUI Netherlands allows users to order drinks via smartphones of passengers. Similar trend is anticipated to be the trend in most of the aircariers and airports in the future.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market Growth
APAC is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period, at a CAGR close to 8%. Rapid urbanization, resurgence in discretionary spending, increase in international travel and tourism, and rising standard of living to complement aspirational travelling are factors poised to drive growth in the region. By 2020, China is expected to supersede Japan to become the world's second largest source of business travel after the United States.
Key Developments in the market
- January 2018: Gate Group entered into a 30 year JV with Asiana Airlines of Korea.
- November 2017: Gate Group and LATAM Airlines created a dining concept for economy class traveler in long haul flights, allowing customers to choose from three choices of food for lunch, dinner and breakfast.
- October 2017: LSG has partnered with Air New Zealand and New Zealand Ministry to tackle inflight catering wastage.
- March 2017: Cathay Pacific redesigned its inflight catering service by introducing “dial on demand” catering alongside a pre-order option on routes from Hong Kong to London and Hong Kong to Chicago.
Major Players: JETFINITY, DNATA, GATE GOURMET, LSG SKY CHEF, DO&CO, CATHAY PACIFIC, SATSReasons to Purchase this Report
- The report analyses how the increasing number of backlogs in aviation industry will affect the in-flight catering market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the flight service type that is expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. General Study Assumptions
- 2. Research Methodology
- 2.1. Introduction
- 2.2. Analysis Methodology
- 2.3. Study Assumptions
- 2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
- 3. Executive Summary
- 4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
- 4.1. Current Market Scenario
- 4.2. Technology Trends
- 4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1. Bargaining Power of The Suppliers
- 4.3.2. Bargaining Power of The Consumers
- 4.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.4. Threat of Substitute Products And Services
- 4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
- 5. Market Dynamics
- 5.1. Drivers
- 5.1.1. Upturn In The Aviation Industry
- 5.1.2. Increased Emphasis On Improving Food Quality Services
- 5.2. Restraints
- 5.2.1. Cost And Operational Issues
- 5.2.2. Large Number Of Backlogs
- 5.3. Opportunities
- 5.3.1. Increased Technological Integration
- 6. Global In Flight Catering Market, Segmented By Aircraft Seating Class
- 6.1. Economy Class
- 6.2. Business Class
- 6.3. First Class
- 7. Global In Flight Catering Market, Segmented By Flight Service Type
- 7.1. FSC
- 7.2. LLC
- 8. Global In Flight Catering Market, Segmented By Food Type
- 8.1. Meals
- 8.2. Bakery and Confectionary
- 8.3. Beverages
- 8.4. Others
- 9. Global In Flight Catering Market, Segmented By Geography
- 9.1. North America
- 9.1.1. The United States
- 9.1.2. Canada
- 9.1.3. Others
- 9.2. Asia-Pacific
- 9.2.1. China
- 9.2.2. Japan
- 9.2.3. India
- 9.2.4. Others
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Germany
- 9.3.2. United Kingdom
- 9.3.3. France
- 9.3.4. Others
- 9.4. Rest Of The World
- 9.4.1. Brazil
- 9.4.2. South Africa
- 9.4.3. Others
- 10. Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.2. Market Share Analysis
- 10.3. Key Players And Developments
- 11. Company Profiles
- 11.1. Air Culinaire Worldwide
- 11.2. Compass Group
- 11.3. Dnata
- 11.4. Do & Co
- 11.5. Egypt Air Inflight Services
- 11.6. Emirates Flight Catering
- 11.7. Gate Gourmet
- 11.8. Goddard Catering
- 11.9. Jetfinity
- 11.10. Cathay Pacific Inflight Services
- 11.11. LSG Skychef
- 11.12. Newrest
- 11.13. SATS
- 11.14. Servair
- 12. Future Outlook Of The Market
- 13. Disclaimer