Global Flat Glass Market - Segmented Into Product Type, End-User Industry and Geography – Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
Flat Glass Market was worth USD 47.77 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD XX billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 7.2%. Global production was estimated at 59.2 MMT in 2016 and is poised to touch XX MMT by 2022, at a CAGR of 6%.Flat glasses are glasses produced in a flat form irrespective of the manufacturing process used. These type of glass is mainly used in the end user industries like automotive and construction industry, with 90-95% of it being manufactured using float process while the rest is produced either through sheet process or plate process.Factors like increasing urbanization, the rise in real estate sector and product innovation in terms of characteristics are some of the factors driving the growth of the market. On the other hand, an increase in raw material prices is the challenge being faced by the industry. 25% of the total flat glass production is made using low-quality float process. But, utilization of low-quality flat glass is declining with increasing market awareness by big players.The global flat glass market has been broadly segmented by verticals into the automotive industry, construction industry, solar energy industry and others. In 2016, construction industry held the major share of the global flat glass market owing to rebounding real estate sector and increasing demand for innovative products coming in from different regions.Growing solar energy market due to increasing dependence on the renewable energy sources along with the subsidies available on the energy storage is anticipated to propel the growth of the market thus accelerating the glass demand in the global market.The market has also been geographically segmented by regions as North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and others), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and others) and Middle East and Africa (United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and others).Asia-Pacific leads the flat glass market, with China alone accounting for approximately one-third of the global market. The other major markets for flat glass are North America and Europe. Factors like urbanization, the rise in real estate sector especially in emerging countries like India, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and others are driving the market.The industry is highly consolidated with top 4 players having to constitute more than half the global market. Dynamic shifts in the standards of the products, like light weighting, non-fragile is making the Flat Glass manufacturers to practice latest technological innovations.Some of the players mentioned in the report are Saint Gobain, Schott Glass, Sisecam, Euroglass, NSG and Asahi glass.
• Rapid urbanization
• Growing electronic display demand
• Increase in raw material prices
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global flat glass market with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
• Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
• Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the flat glass market on both global and regional scale.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
• Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook