Global Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) Market - Segmented By Manufacturing Process, Application, and Geography – Trends and Forecasts (2016 - 2021)
The global ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) market has been valued at USD 5.51 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD X.XX billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 5.4%, during the forecast period, 2017-2022.Ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) is a high-density synthetic rubber. It is durable and has high-resistance to abrasives, tearing, temperatures and solvents. It has good elasticity at low- and high-temperature and has excellent electrical insulating properties. EPDM is used in a wide-range of industries such as automotive, building & construction, plastic modification, lubricant additives, wires & cables, and tires & tubes. In the automotive industry, EPDM is used in the manufacturing of glass-run channel, brake parts, windshield wipers, body sealing, tubing, radiator, belts, engine mounts, roofing membrane, weather-stripping, thermoplastic vulcanizates and motor oil additive applications.
Market Dynamics:The increasing construction activities are likely to drive the EPDM market. Volatile raw material prices are the main restraint in the EPDM market, which will influence the demand-supply scenario.
Market Segmentation:EPDM is classified by the manufacturing process, namely, solution polymerization process, slurry/suspension process and gas-phase polymerization process. The market is also segmented by the end-user applications like automotive, building and construction, plastic modification, lubricant additive, electrical and electronics, tires and tubes, and wires and cables. Automotive is the largest end-user industry, with around 42% share in the global EPDM market. EPDM is used in the plastic modification of thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPV) and thermoplastic olefins (TPO) in the plastic manufacturing industry.The market has been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America and the Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing market for EPDM due to the growth of the automobile industry in India, China, Japan, Thailand and South Korea. North America has relatively mature economic conditions. Due to the environmental issues in Germany, many industries like automobile and plastic choose to use innovative EPDM, which leads to further increase in the EPDM market in the European region.
Opportunities & Market Players:The development & commercialization of bio-based EPDM products is expected to provide an opportunity for the market in the future. Some of the major companies in the ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) market are:
• Lanxess AG
• ExxonMobil Corporation
• Kumho Polychem Co., Ltd.
• Mitsui Chemicals
• PetroChina Co. Ltd.
• Johns Manville Inc.
• Carlisle Companies Inc.
• DoW Elastomers
• JSR Corporation
• Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
• Versalis S.p.A.
• SK Global Chemical Co. Ltd.
• Lion Elastomers LLC
• OAO Nizhnekamskneftekhim
• Firestone Building Products Company LLC
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) market on both, global and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.