Global Epoxy Paints and Coatings Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2017 - 2022)
Epoxy Paints and Coatings Market :The market has been estimated at USD XX million in 2016 and is projected to reach USD XX million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period, 2017 to 2022.
Market Dynamics:Epoxy paints and coatings provide exceptional chemical and water resistivity, are extremely durable, and provide superior adhesion; thus, accelerating their demand from the building & construction industry. However, the market faces certain drawbacks, such as stringent regulations from the governments for VOC emissions that lead to air pollution and volatility in the paints & coatings market due to the slowdown of several economies, such as China and Brazil. These factors may act as a roadblock for the growth of the market.
Market Segmentation:The global epoxy paints and coatings market has been segmented by end-industry into building & construction; aerospace; marine; automotive; food & beverage; electronics and other industries. In 2015, the building & construction industry accounted for about XX% of the global epoxy paints and coatings market. Regarding application, the global epoxy paints and coatings market is segmented into flooring, metal coating, and others. The flooring application dominates the overall epoxy paints and coatings market and accounts for the majority share of around 52%.The global epoxy paints and coatings market, by the type of technology, is broadly segmented into water-based, solvent-based, and powder-based. Due to the absence of solvents in powder-based epoxy coatings, the emission of volatile organic compounds (VOC) is almost negligible, thus opening a gateway to opportunities for the global epoxy paints and coatings market.The market has been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. Asia-Pacific has the highest share in the market, by volume and revenue, accounting for about 45% of the global share, regarding revenue.
Opportunities and Major Players
The increasing adoption of epoxy paints and coatings, due to their superior durability and resistivity, and the accelerating growth in the building & construction market across the world are expected to offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the global epoxy paints and coatings market. Globally, there are around XX suppliers competing in the sector, with the top five suppliers accounting for almost XX% of the overall market.Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product development, include:
• AkzoNobel N.V.
• Asian Paints Ltd.
• BASF SE
• Berger Paints India Ltd.
• Nippon Paint Co. Ltd.
• PPG Industries
• RPM International, Inc.
• The Sherwin-Williams Company
• The Valspar Corporation
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global epoxy paints and coatings market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global epoxy paints and coatings market on both, global and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.