Global Chromatography Reagents Market - Segmented by Type, Bed Shape, Physical State of Mobile Phase, Separation Mechanism, End-Users and Geography – Trends and Forecasts (2016 - 2021)
The global chromatography reagents market has been valued at USD 4.8 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX.X billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period, 2017-2022.Chromatography is a separation technique that is used to separate solutes, by using chromatographic reagents. This technique is used in biochemical processes for the separation of chemical compounds and the development of pure drug components. In the petroleum sector, this technique is used to analyze complex mixtures of hydrocarbons. They are also used in food and beverage industry, cosmetics and environmental testing, and also as a diagnostic tool in academic research and forensics.
Market Dynamics:The chromatography reagents market is driven by the growing food safety concerns and the increased use of this technique in pharmaceutical and biotech companies for various medicines and innovations. Governments have increased their support by funding the manufacture and development of novel drugs. The major restraint for the market is the high-cost associated with the technique and the design used.
Market Segmentation:Chromatography reagents are segmented by type into - buffers, solvents, ion pair reagents, silylation reagents, alkylation and esterification reagents, acylation reagents and solid support. They are also categorized by the bed shape, whether it is column, planar or thin layer. Regarding the physical state of mobile phase, the chromatography reagents are classified as gas chromatography reagents, liquid chromatography reagents, high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) reagents, ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography (UHPLC) reagents, low-pressure liquid chromatography (LPLC) reagents and super-critical fluid chromatography (SFC) reagents. Based on the separation mechanism, they are segmented as partition, adsorption, ion exchange, affinity and size exclusion. Depending on the application, they are used in different sectors like pharmaceuticals & biotechnology, food & beverage, clinics & hospitals, cosmetic companies, environmental agencies, and academic & research institutes. The market has been geographically segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America and the Rest of the World. North America accounts for the largest share of the chromatography reagents market due to extensive research on drugs and biologic is this region. It is followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific market is likely to grow in the next five years, especially in Japan, China and India, due to an increase in drug manufacturing facilities and growing economies in the region. In Europe, Germany, France and the UK have a major hold in this market.
Opportunities and Major PlayersAdvancements in technology are likely to result in opportunities for the market. Globally, there are around XX suppliers competing in the sector, with the top 10 suppliers accounting for almost XX% of the overall market.
Some of the major companies in the chromatography reagents market are:
• Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
• GE Healthcare
• Merck Millipore
• Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
• Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
• Hamilton Company
Key Deliverables in the Study
• Market analysis for the global chromatography reagents market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
• Market definition along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities.
• Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
• Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global chromatography reagents market on both, global and regional scales.
• A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
• Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.